• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super 30 limited slip

XJWheelie

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a Super 30 kit in my XJ with an ARB air locker. As backwards as this may sound, I'd like to remove the ARB and install a limited slip, something like a Detroit Truetrac or the likes.

Does anyone make a limited slip that will work with the the Super 30 axles in a Dana 30, or if I do this will I have to go back to 27 spline axles?

As far as I know, there are no 30-spline lsd for d30.

you're stuck with ARB unless you go back to 27 spline

if you were closer I'd swap you my 27 spline shafts for your locker. been meaning to upgrade for a while.

Thanks, that lines up with all that I could find, but I was hoping that I missed one somewhere.

It's not that I don't like the ARB, though I've yet to actually run the wiring, but I was thinking about simplifying the front end instead of adding complexity,

Thanks, that lines up with all that I could find, but I was hoping that I missed one somewhere.

It's not that I don't like the ARB, though I've yet to actually run the wiring, but I was thinking about simplifying the front end instead of adding complexity,

you will be much happier in the long run with the ARB.

you will be much happier in the long run with the ARB.

If I was doing some serious off roading then I would think so, but I pretty much stopped a few years ago, except for the occasional trail, so full lockers are really overkill for what I do now. I'm even thinking about selling off the Dana 44 that I have in the back and going back to a Dana 35 with a limited slip, though I'll keep the disc brakes.

Or of course I could sell off the entire XJ as it is, since I want to lower it a bit as well, which would mean getting rid of the RE 4.5" lift on it. The more that I think about it, the more that I think that I'd be better off selling it and searching for a stock or near stock around the same year.

Back