• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunny Sunday Cali Project Pictures...and Q on my gearset

Hey to some people, ignorance is bliss.... My brother had the exact same thing happen. On a NON-chipped driveshaft. C-clip came out, shaft exploded on the highway, and he had to drive 300 miles home in 4hi with no rear shaft and fluid pouring everywhere.

He said when he "experienced" it, he literally thought he was going to die. Just fix the damn shaft...

its just a minor chip in the shaft because we had to pound the ring out to get the original ujoint out because the owner before me must have had the drive shaft drop on him...

The gears are 4.10s.
Thanks guys :thumbup:

ps the east coast...has no waves
got big names though... corey lopez, sterling spencer, the hobgoods, brett barley, jesse hines, noah snyder, and all the other boys down in carolina.

slater...

Hey to some people, ignorance is bliss.... My brother had the exact same thing happen. On a NON-chipped driveshaft. C-clip came out, shaft exploded on the highway, and he had to drive 300 miles home in 4hi with no rear shaft and fluid pouring everywhere.

He said when he "experienced" it, he literally thought he was going to die. Just fix the damn shaft...
this.

Hahahhh@grinm. Who is the blonde girl in your pics
s hitting herself in the face?!
Really..really?! Like that minute chip.is.something to cry about? How about the fact it was running 3 shocks, blown out leafs, and shot suspension? Id be more concerned about the oil its spewing from every spot on the motor than a scratch on the driveshaft.
U guys crack me up! I live in san clemente come on down anytime for some milk and cookies
ps-everything was disclosed sold As Is. Trading up for a less of a project xj

Love u guys!

Last edited:
Hahahhh@grinm. Who is the blonde girl in your pics
s hitting herself in the face?!
Really..really?! Like that minute chip.is.something to cry about? How about the fact it was running 3 shocks, blown out leafs, and shot suspension? Id be more concerned about the oil its spewing from every spot on the motor than a scratch on the driveshaft.
U guys crack me up! I live in san clemente come on down anytime for some milk and cookies
ps-everything was disclosed sold As Is. Trading up for a less of a project xj

Love u guys!

WTF? :huh:

your missing the point dude... its not something to cry about, its something to address. thats the only reason it was brought up in the first place. the missing shock or leaky oil wont catastrophically fail and cause a ton of damage to you, your vehicle, or others around you.

PS- "J" would lend an open ear and listen instead of acting like a kook.

Lost cause.

I assume when he said he gave full disclosure he meant "As Is - You find the problems"

It's one thing to just not take the free advice and good will, it's another to go off like discount chinese fireworks you're trying to smuggle through customs - A flaming asshole with explosive retorts.

It's one thing to just not take the free advice and good will, it's another to go off like discount chinese fireworks you're trying to smuggle through customs - A flaming asshole with explosive retorts.

:roflmao: Nice!

Ok here's what's really up I know I can be a little bitey, its in my nature and sorry if I offended. But know this as fact, I listen and respect most if not all opinions from this forum. Straight up, if I didn't, I wouldn't be here asking questions and posting pictures. You all are a wealth of knowledge, and I thank u for that. Yes I enjoy f'ing around and having fun, but I do appreciate all the experience with xj's you all have. Thanks for the actual meaningful responses. Im not going anywhere for one reason...love driving cherokees. My next cherokee, a 99 classic, is only the next step for me.ill post pictures when I have the car in my possession. Thanks guys...happy cinco de mayo:thumbup:

Back