• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggestions for a better America

Trail-Axe

NAXJA Forum User
What are your personal ideas for what would make for a better America. Post what you feel would make us stronger as a nation, and healthier as a people. I will start with my personal suggestion. Please respect the opinions of others, and try and add something that would promote unity amongst us as an association (NAXJA), and as Americans.

Any man can point out the faults of others. No one is truly independent. We all need each other to survive. No one always does what is right. We all need to do our part, and that involves forgiveness, integrity, and courage.

No country is perfect, and no political party is always right. But America is still the best place on earth to live as free men. And no one's religion is perfect either. Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to a holy God, and it never works for long. So religion should never be used to condemn another; especially someone who does not share your religious views or level of understanding.

I personally have a very real relationship with Jesus Christ. He is alive, and I love Him and serve Him. But I do not think anyone should be judged because they do not have this same relationship. No one will ever be made to believe anything when they are condemned by others who are just as guilty as the one condemning them.

Throwing spears of insult at those we really do not know does nothing to make America a better place. It divides us, and does not unite us. There are ways to make America a better place, and I believe that involves making yourself a better person. We all have faults, and we all know what they are with out anyone else telling us. If we individually do what is right, then for that brief moment in time, in that tiny place in space, the world around us will be better off.

It is high time we stopped complaining about the other guy not getting it right, and started helping each other out when we can; like we do when we are out 4-wheeling and a total stranger brakes down or gets stuck. Its times like these that we pull along side each other and really shine. Its times like these that I am really proud that I am a member of this off road community.

Gar

I second that..

Legalize certain drugs and such as well.

Well I think you about covered it.Life would be alot easyer if people would take responsability for there actions.NAXJA

I actually like the idea of mandatory service. Also any illegal immigrant we chatch crossing the border should have the option of fighting in the war in exchange for citizenship when his tour of duty or the war is over, which ever is first. They would be paid the normal rate while fighting also. If they refused they are deported or shot.

NO GOVERNMENT RUN HEALTH CARE. I don't feel like going to a place like the DMv when I'm sick

Stop pandering to those that feel that they are entitled.

Want the stray cat to leave? Stop feeding the goddamned thing!

As a nation I feel we would all benefit from clear communication with each other. The english language (read,write, and speak) should be a requirement.

If you have ever traveled abroad, most really try to learn the local language. If you don't try, it can be taken as disrespectful and locals will offer less accomodating assistance. If you're in France you may recieve no assistance at all and catch a bad B.O. draft.
Even in Mexico you're a gringo and may be taken for a ride if you cannot speak a lick of Spanish, however as soon as you catch them and let them know "what's up" in Spanish things can turn quickly.

Going to DMV scares me forms to apply for a drivers license come in many languages, but no signage in any area are multilingual!

Calling any bussiness now the first option is for Spanish.

We make it too easy not to need to learn the basics.

As for the NAXJA orginazation members and visitors,
Say what you mean, and mean what you say.
It is your responsibility to uphold the integrity and honesty your parents (or similar figure) have passed or tried to pass on.
Would you do it if your Grandparents were with you?
If you wouldn't Don't do it!

Common courtesies like: blinker before braking, blinker period, driving slow in the "slow lane", and for the sympathy brakers...I will not even go there.
Brake checkers fall under same category as sympathy brakers, I have special manuvers for them (high beam and fogs, really piss me off I'll pass drop to 2nd. gear letting tires partially lockup and smoke as they poop a little:gee:)

ZacSquatch said:
Legalize certain drugs and such as well.

Ever been to Amsterdam?:greensmok:cheers:
More than coffee in those shops
Surprisingly little crime. Must be Darwin's law. Just like mandatory service enrollment. But still a good idea

1) Reduce the number of laws and government intervention into bloody everything.

2) Make people take responsibility not only for their actions, but for themselves, their security, their problems, and the like. I don't need to be protected from myself, and I can protect myself from others. Why can't other people do the same, and why do I need laws to protect me from me?

3) Term limits. Politicians get far too comfortable in their jobs, and spend far too many years breathing rarefied air. Top them out at, say, a dozen years of service - total. No retirement, and we're paying them too much for what we're getting (if they were paid according to quality of work, then they would have to pay us for permission to work...)

4) Reduction of size - there are too many mid-level functionaries doing little more than making things difficult for other people, simply because they can and they've nothing better to do (and probably can't do anything useful anyhow, from what I've seen.) I'm willing to bet we could reduce government/civil "service" personnel by about a third with no ill effects - except for unqualified people having to join the workforce. Put them through trade school, or just give them brooms and idiot sticks and put them to work...

You know, I've been thinking about this sort of thing for years. If we reduce government presence and government intervention into everydamnthing, we're likely to see people end up having to learn to fend for themselves (which is rapidly becoming a lost art) or leaving in droves for somewhere that actually wants to control people's daily lives (no great loss.) I just haven't gotten the monograph to crystallise yet - but I know there's one back here in my mind somewhere...

My suggestion for a better world is stop worrying about a relationship with someone or thing that can't talk back to you. Let's not forget that man wrote the bible, koran, etc. I'm not saying that these aren't good suggestions for how to live a better life but that people have turned these suggestions into rules and laws to better suit their personal needs. I grew up in a religious environment and it taught me nothing about being a better person..... My parents taught me how to deal fairly and kindly (when applicable) with others.
I really have a problem when religion is confused with common sense.
It may seem like I'm some tree hugger, not at all. There is a place for everything and sometime's refusing help to some complete idiot on the trail (after explaining not to do something, etc.) may be the best lesson for that person.
I gotta stop postin' when I'm drunk!:cheers:

I'm not super religious but have been in enough bad situations where the only choices were either praying or going mad. I've always tried to live by the golden rule and the ten commandments. Maybe a non religious version of those kind of rules needs to be standardized, they keep people pretty civilized and are simple enough for any idiot to memorize.
Term limits and way out of scale benefits to elected officials, they should have the same benefits as a service member, have to use the same medical facilities as military members, their financial records should be an open book including tax returns, how they put their kids thru Harvard or Princeton and how they afforded that second or third home in Hawaii or Bali.
Get rid of the IRS and use a fair or flat tax, too many people make too many careers out of tax codes, both in complying and beating tax laws.
Reduce the federal government at least 50% and get it back to what it was designed for, protection of the country and commerce, they do neither now to any great length.
For the next 20 years require any new laws that are passed to be balanced by TWO laws removed in the same category.
I'd like to see Sunday come back as a 'day or rest' not for religious reasons but because it tends to get family together,
Prosecute the Chamber of Commerce for supporting business hiring of illegal aliens, I'm a member and just noticed their 'stance' on the issue, I'm not renewing, the chamber is a lobbying group in disguise.
I'm only halfway thru my first morning cupa so I'm not really awake yet.
Balanced trade, if Intel wants to build a R&D and chip factory in China because of 'cheap labor to run an automated facility' make them pay thru the nose to import chips back into the country, same with any corporation that moves a portion of their business overseas. OH, the reason I'm militant on this is I've overheard more than a few conversations of the 'benefits' and 'bonuses' those countries pay to executives and decision makers to locate there.

Last edited:
Trail-Axe said:
I personally have a very real relationship with Jesus Christ. He is alive, and I love Him and serve Him.
:sure:

lastara

Get organized religion out of our politics!

RichP said:
I'd like to see Sunday come back as a 'day or rest' not for religious reasons but because it tends to get family together
That's an interesting thought, and last year I may have agreed with you. However, since moving to Switzerland, my family has noticed that we actually spend less time together than we did in the UK where Sunday and 24hr trading are legal. Working on a Sunday is illegal without a permit in Switzerland. This includes mowing the lawn, washing your car, doing the laundry or tidying your home!

Less time for the family at weekends in Switzerland may be partly in consequence to grocery stores not being open after 5:30pm and before 8:30am in Switzerland. Most Swiss families have to spend Saturday shopping or doing household jobs as neither are legal on Sunday. Consequently, with everybody doing recreational things on Sunday, places that you would expect to be able to relax and enjoy family time at are actually busy.

I would rather have the choice to do my shopping at 11pm than have my weekends controlled by the government. If you want to spend more time with your family you don't need a law to do this, you just ask and organize it yourself.

tes.jpg

Ive been waiting to use this...:roll:

My fellow Americans!
I believe if we can put a man on the moon then we should be able to drill a hole thru the earth and suck the oil from right out under the middle east!

Seriously this is an excelent thread. I'll hit on 2.

Drugs,all drugs,prescription or illegal substances,medical procedures like getting an X-Ray or cat scan should all be availabe to me because I am free. Take away the power of the doctors and give it to the people and a free market. With this new freedom from the medical comunity also make it so if you are an employee or get any kind of goverment assistance than you will be reponsible for providing a blood,urine or hair sample to prove you don't abuse. Abuse it then loose it as far as job or goverment check goes.

Eliminate prisons and replace them with "A Round In the Room". Steal a car get 3 rounds in the room. Rape a chick maybe 7 rounds. 2nd offence shoplifting gets a round in the room. 2'nd or 3rd DUI gets a round in the room. bank rober say 5 rounds. Identity theft 7 rounds. This is a round in the room: You get sentanced to 3 rounds in a room so they put you in a room with 10 of your fellow convicts. At total random a hydrolic ram smashes one of you. You all stay and help hose the mess down. You are held to the same thing for two more rounds and if you make it you are free to go. I think a lot of folks will avoid things that will land them a round in the room.
Lets just say it's a way to make criminals pay harder while costing us less.

Whos got a plan to straighten out our lawers? Why the hell do I have to pay a lawer to file an uncontested divorce? It's a racket that needs fixing.

Public hangings.

Drugs,all drugs,prescription or illegal substances,medical procedures like getting an X-Ray or cat scan should all be available to me because I am free. Take away the power of the doctors and give it to the people and a free market. With this new freedom from the medical community also make it so if you are an employee or get any kind of government assistance than you will be responsible for providing a blood,urine or hair sample to prove you don't abuse. Abuse it then loose it as far as job or government check goes.

the Docs don't have the power, the insurance companies do. They dictate what will be paid, how much, what testing needs to be ordered etc.

Speak English if you live here, and lets all get the same benefits our politicians have. Better still have them use Social Security, bet you it'll get fixed then

Boatwrench said:
Manadatory service. Either military or the former(?) VISTA program.

We need to take this one step further and follow Heinlein's lead in "Starship Troopers".
If you don't serve you can't vote or be an elected official.

Next would be tort reform...

Then we could start working on the personal responsibility thing. Let people know if you do something stupid it's your own fault. The idea of holding the rest of us responsible for your dumb decisions or passing legislation because you're too stupid not to drink the acid out of a car battery???

www.fairtax.org

then everyone pays tax - illegal or not. dont have to worry about people cheating income tax laws, or just flat out not paying taxes b/c they don't have a SSN

Oh, and get rid of social security. I hate paying money for something I'll never see. While we're at it, if you choose to smoke, or if you're grossly obese, you should sign a waiver saying you won't use government medical aid. I also hate paying money for a program b/c other people choose to not take care of themselves - and now they're on thousands of dollars of prescription drugs or oxygen tanks b/c.

Reduce taxes on gas...increase them on tobacco/alcohol.

BUILD THE DAMN WALL ON OUR SOUTHERN BORDER

More money to prisons...get rid of quality of life there....just increase the space so we can keep those who are unfit for society locked up, and not letting them out on parole b/c the prison is "overcrowded"

or just take all criminals and dump them on an abandoned, deserted island in the middle of the Pacific. Let them all kill/rape each other...

Back