• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sugarloaf (Big Bear) Cleanup August 28th

I have a hitch but don't have a draw bar with enough drop to reach most trailers...still rockin the same one from stock that had to be flipped to raise the hitch ball. :D

I think I'll be up for this unless something comes up I'd either drive the mileage monster Mitsu, or my XJ, or see if I could borrow a friend's 2wd truck. Hmmm.

I might be up for this :)

Sugarloaf?
Someone must be using a broad brush, I can't think of anyplace in Sugarloaf that has been used as a dumping site. At least not a large area.
Let me check to see if I can make it.

Rick here is a link to the area that is going to be cleaned-up.

http://www.backcountry4x4.com/SugarloafCleanupSite.html

Those of us from Sugarloaf call that area Moonridge, those in Moonridge call it Sugarloaf. But since Sugarloaf is the getto of Big Bear, I guess...
:D

I've never even hiked that area before. I could hear RC cars down there often enough, and thought it would be a nice place to go check out, but I never knew how to get down into that canyon.

Ooof. Daughter wants to have her (16th) birthday party that day... I don't think I can dump "birthday party for 25 teenagers at a poolhouse with pizza and cake, followed by a paint throwing party (don't ask!) at a nearby park" all onto her dad... but maybe...

Or maybe I can get her to shift the party to Sunday...

I want to do the cleanup... not teen birthday parties!!

Here's hoping the clubhouse is already rented that Saturday... I'll check tomorrow.

Ooof. Daughter wants to have her (16th) birthday party that day... I don't think I can dump "birthday party for 25 teenagers at a poolhouse with pizza and cake, followed by a paint throwing party (don't ask!) at a nearby park" all onto her dad... but maybe...

Or maybe I can get her to shift the party to Sunday...

I want to do the cleanup... not teen birthday parties!!

Here's hoping the clubhouse is already rented that Saturday... I'll check tomorrow.

I tell you what.....I'll do the bithday party for you and you can clean up trash on trails.

Pedo_Bear_says_by_ChaosMole.jpg

gonna miss this one guys, there is a benefit show for my buddy louis the same day and I gotta be there with his family.

Oh, that made me laugh!! Sorry to thwart your perverted hopes, Cracker, but the clubhouse really actually was already rented for Saturday, so her party's the 29th. That just means I have to come home Sat night or really effing early Sunday, but can still do the cleanup.

I know, I'll show up in my Mitsu Mirage...it's not full of my camping gear, so it actually has more room in it for stashing trash than my Jeep does!

Neh, I'll bring the XJ... or borrow a pickup.

Back