• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suck.....

Grifter144

NAXJA Forum User
the job market sucks..

that is all.......

Grifter

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.

ahh yes, unemployed does suck, lucky me i got a super part time job at a hotel, special event bartending and acting the security part on occassion, unfortunatly the last 2 months have been super slow in the event dept, guess nobody like to get married in jan and feb in michigan..., I have worked about 1 day a week since christmas, before chrictmas i was frickin full time, so i need to find more income to cover my ass, so naturally i go out looking and due to the great news three weeks ago that the auto makers are laying off thousands upon thousands of people locally, the local job market just sucked itself right up and dissapeared,

i would love to move west, but the lil lady needs to finish school first...until then i sit here a poor man in rich mans ville and suck it up.....

Grifter.....

still sucking...

I feel you. Local job market sucks. I have started looking overseas and out west. Got a good line on a job in Alaska, we will see how that one pans out. To bad it is only temp, and no jeep while I am there. On second thought is it really worth it?

I turned down a teaching gig in Juneau when I graduated 6 years ago. Sometimes I kick myself for not trying it. I'm glad I moved to Colorado though. Good luck with the job hunting man. I got tired of getting my a$$ kicked when I was teaching at a lockdown facility. One day I had just had enough and quit...without anything else lined up. I was unemployed for 3 months. I got turned down at Home Depot and Lowes. It was very depressing. Hang in there.

ahh there is light....... since today was my only scheduled day at the part time gig at the hotel , i got to see the schedule for next week,, i'm scheduled for four days whoo hooo..hopefully that type scheduling keeps up for a lil longer than just next week...unfortunatly my EMT class (for the volunteer fire dept i am on) starts mar 2nd and goes every tues and thurs at 1800hrs plus one saturday a month...which will greatly cuts into my special event availability hours seeing as most people only have weddings and parties at night, i dont know hopefully it all works out...we'll see....

heres to a more stable job....

Grifter...

Back