• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker Failure

Mesh

NAXJA Forum User
img20120424201748.jpg

or a broken piston ring.....

The engine is all torn down and I’m getting the metal chunks and oil cleaned out. So far everything looks good no major damage. The cylinder is a little beat up but I may be able to fix it with a hone.

I’m not 100% sure on the cause but I have couple ways to prevent it in the future. The first thing is lack of engine management. My megasquirt has been built and laying around for a while now so that’s going in. The second problem was using it as a work vehicle. There was never any down time when something broke I had to keep driving. I now have a dedicated work vehicle that I don’t care about.

I'm also doubling the cheetah blood.

looks like either detonation or it ran lean.

The broken ring lands and rings are usually signs of severe detonation, and running the engine too lean under load is the most likely cause.

The engine is all torn down and I’m getting the metal chunks and oil cleaned out. So far everything looks good no major damage. The cylinder is a little beat up but I may be able to fix it with a hone.

I’m not 100% sure on the cause but I have couple ways to prevent it in the future. The first thing is lack of engine management. My megasquirt has been built and laying around for a while now so that’s going in. The second problem was using it as a work vehicle. There was never any down time when something broke I had to keep driving. I now have a dedicated work vehicle that I don’t care about.

I'm also doubling the cheetah blood.
So you might just hone the cylinder and reassemble??

So you might just hone the cylinder and reassemble??
I would really mike the cylinder and check for roundness, absolute size, and taper before proceeding.

Make sure and figure out what was wrong and caused this.

I'm definitely going to verify everything is in perfect shape before it goes back together.

42,402 mi it was time for a freshening up anyway. I may be a little anal when working on things cutting corners is not actually possible.

I can’t wait for this to go in.
imgp0590yx.jpg

Is Mega Squirt the best they could come up with? I have a client their business name is POS. Who wants a surgeon who calls them self a POS. But if you really have a dirty mind there's nothing better than a Scat crankshaft.

Back