• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stroker engine

mdickerson

NAXJA Forum User
I'm considering going with a Stroker for my 4.0L 92 Cherokee. Just wondering at the difference in cost between having my 4.0 stroked or buying one already stroked, also what is that cost?

Thanks

Stroke it...then blow it.

I hear that GOLEN engine service strokes it for a good price, they sell em in the quadratec magazine too. Theres a TON of articles about it if you go to the tech forums. Basically its 4.2 internals in a 4.0 so it can be done for cheap if you want cheap.

Thanks for the input. Golden gives me an idea as how much an engine swap would be. However, I live in Torrance and was more interested in someone locally that could do the work, I don't have the facilities to do the work myself. I do like the 4.6 Stroker though.

juryrigjalopy said:
Stroke it...then blow it.

I hear that GOLEN engine service strokes it for a good price, they sell em in the quadratec magazine too. Theres a TON of articles about it if you go to the tech forums. Basically its 4.2 internals in a 4.0 so it can be done for cheap if you want cheap.

You may save a few bucks if you can find a local shop that is experienced in stroking this engine. Personally, I would feel more comfortable buying a long block from a company who has done the research and found what parts work best in the engine and offers some kind of warranty of their work, rather than a local shop that might not know much about the engine and likely won't offer much of a warranty.

jeeperjohn said:
If you can bring all the stuuf to my house, I will help you do it for beer and pizza.

Better yet,

you buy the complete stroker engine, shipping to my house. I will install it into my XJ and tell how it works....:laugh:

nothing to do with the engine, but you may want to think of rock rails too... ;)

rpraterxj said:
you may want to think of rock rails too... ;)

he has rock rails but we couldnt get em to fit back on after the long arm setup went on, the mounts get in the way. i want him to sell them to me :D

Well Robert, that had me ROFL. I'm probably going to reinstall my rails this weekend. Had to come up with an idea to get around the fact that the mounting brackets for the Long Arm I installed are in the way of where the front mounting brackets of the sliders were.

Sorry Grim, I figured it would be cheaper to weld a couple of 1/4" plates next to the brackets up front and under the slider brackets in the back connection points.

mdickerson said:
Well Robert, that had me ROFL. I'm probably going to reinstall my rails this weekend. Had to come up with an idea to get around the fact that the mounting brackets for the Long Arm I installed are in the way of where the front mounting brackets of the sliders were.
chop saw and a welder duh

Okay.

I'm trying to figure out who has a couple of Torrance Jeeps so whenever I see somebody from Torrance I ask 'em ;)

(One of a blue one on 4.5 - 6" lift that lives on Palos Verdes Blvd. between Sepulveda and Carson and the other I've only seen driving around, used to be a gold Cheif but was rattlecanned black and is lifted).

I live by the peir in Redondo but whichever Jeep I'm not driving lives in South Torrance near Palos Verdes Blvd. and Sepulveda.

Mine's a white with a rack and light up top, big winch bumber, etc, etc.

GSequoia said:
Okay.

I'm trying to figure out who has a couple of Torrance Jeeps so whenever I see somebody from Torrance I ask 'em ;)

(One of a blue one on 4.5 - 6" lift that lives on Palos Verdes Blvd. between Sepulveda and Carson and the other I've only seen driving around, used to be a gold Cheif but was rattlecanned black and is lifted).

I live by the peir in Redondo but whichever Jeep I'm not driving lives in South Torrance near Palos Verdes Blvd. and Sepulveda.

Back