• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker color

kf_chris

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,
I'm considering what color to paint the motor before it's installed. The colors I'm leaning to are black, red (close to a body match with available paint) and hemi orange. I've seen the I-6 painted up in light-ish blue and silver, though I don't think either color would go well in my jeep being bright red and all.
Opinions?

Chris, you think he might be a little biased? Lol, did you see his front skid plate?

I've thought if I did a stroker I would go hemi orange. Hemi orange has my vote.

who, me???

001-2.jpg

008.jpg

016.jpg

where'd you get that idea??

I'm tossing around red or orange. I think it would be cool to have the red motor in the jeep. it would look good because there's a red top under there and all that. What kind of time frame do you need this in Tyler?

You have plenty of time lol. It will be acouple of weeks before I actually get it built, stupid pistons are on back order. It will get painted before it gets the brackets and such, but other than that it will pretty much be one of the last things that gets done to the engine.

Actually Green is not that far fetched. Just not that hidous green on the axle and springs. If you have a color scheem based on complementary colors then green that is close to the same hue as your red would really pop! If you wanted to go with an analogous scheeme then ornage or purple are the best choices. If it were me It would be either matching red of black. I already have some Hemi orange in mine! :) Unless of course I dropped a 5.0 in then it would be blue! :spin1: :wave:

Hmmm. The 5.0 is the next stroker. Which will go in a CJ.

I think red will end up being the color.

Pistons on backorder?!? NOOOOOO I hope the timeframe isn't thrown off too bad Tyler. I really need the jeep running sooner than later...which you know.

They are expecting delivery on the 12th... kinda later than I wanted. I might call them and see if there is anything they can do.

Oh, and a 5.0 isn't a stroker (unless you are thinking the 505 performance one for the 4.0 block), Ghost is talking bout a Ford 5.0, which is only a stroker if you turn it into a 331 or a 347 (like my car has).

;)

Red.

Shorty, you should have swirled out your lic. plate. Now I can do something.

003-1-2.jpg

do your best-- we fear nothing:eyes:

as a matter of fact, the front tag is in the back of the Heep since I installed the new bumper, so lemme know if you want to do something to it-- I can send it yer way.

Back