• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroked 4.0 drag car.

BlueCuda

NAXJA Forum User
This is a car a friend of mines dad is building.

Stroked 4.0(296 CID I think) 14.5:1, CNC ported head, solid lifter cam, jesel rockers, 5000 stall converter, powerglide, and about 1800lbs with driver. I can't wait to hear it fire up.

It has an aluminum body that looks cjish.

62b8a3aa-1e1b-d6fe.jpg

Last edited:
They fired it last night, said it sounded plenty mean. I will try and get some video soon. If I had known they were going to start it I would have been there lol.

I think he plans to shift in the 7000 range. It's got aluminum rods so the rotating assembly is nice and lite.

5000 converter?? really? is that flash to, RPM?

Yeah really, its a light car so its not going to flash a ton higher than that, plus its got a powerglide so you automaticly need more converter to handle one of those.

I think he is going to take it to the track tonight, I am going to try and go out there and get some video.

This thing sounds nasty. He fired it up in the shop and my iPhone took a horrible video but I got some more pics.
62b8a3aa-673c-2108.jpg

62b8a3aa-6753-29a1.jpg

62b8a3aa-676c-500e.jpg

62b8a3aa-6789-f204.jpg

Well they got out and got two passes in with it. The car is built for a wierd class they do here locally and its way way faster than the 11.35 index the class has. Its all Inline siz powered cars with a max tire size of 215/65/15 I believe...not much tire. The car is also setup to do whatever with. Its got a trans brake, delay box, air shifter, everything needed to bracket race and be serious about it(if you put some real tires on it which they will).

The races last night are our "midnight drags" mostly a grudge raceing deal but you can get some passes in for test n tune if you want, the timer boards are just not lit up but you can go ask the time in the tower if you want to.

I got there just after the first pass, it went 10.08 with alot of tire spin. He said it spun, he backed off and pulled high gear and let it fly. I was there for the second pass that his son made in it. Same thing, spun, let off, lined back up, pulled high gear and let it fly. Didn't get a time on that run because it creeped out of the beams. Then it had a small transmission leak pop up and they called it a night. Not a bad outing for a totally new chassis and engine.

This thing sounds evil, I will have to get my real video camera out there sometime to get some vids of it. The iphone camera can't do crap with the sound.

It's hard to see in the pic but there is a cj grille drawn in sharpie lol. When it's painted it will get a vinyl cj grille.

It's got a crankcase evacuation system that uses vacuum created by the exhaust flowing by.

The carb I is a 4150 series Holley not a dominator. I believe it started life as a 650CFM but the center section has been replaced with a pro-form unit, its probably 700ish CFM.

The air cleaner is a little crazy but with the valve cover so close thats about the only way to get a good air cleaner on it, its better than it bieng to small.

They had it out again friday night. It needs a little setup adjustment as its geared a little low, but it went 10.25@135 with some traction problems. I needs a taller gear as it was turning 8000rpm through the traps. My friend made a pass in it and it moved around real bad off the line(spinning) and went 113mph in the 1/8 mile, he went 10.49@95(let off at 900ft).

I hope he takes the stupid tires off that make it legal for the class he wanted to run and puts some slicks on it, mounts the wheelie bar, uses the trans brake, and lets that thing make a solid pass.

Oh yeah, with a 250lb driver it wieghs 1400lbs.

Back