• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange wheel vibration

Well folks, tomorrow is a big day. I have arranged for the RE drop brackets to be installed, so we are going to go through every TRE and every bushing and any other potential problematic parts. I hope we do come up with something, at least I'll have something to fix, hoping to solve the problem. For the moment, all I am doing, is live with it, and I hate it.

Thank you all for your tips, I really appreciate them. I'll keep you posted of the outcome.

Rgds

Folks,

Just a quick update to let you know that today, I had the RE drop brackets installed.

Although I haven't done the alignment yet, it looks as if the steering vibration is gone. I am not sure however, where my caster is at the moment. My lower arms are a bit longer than the ones RE suggests (16.325" vs 16") while we adjusted the uppers at exactly 15" (which is the recommended by RE).

The interesting thing is that at these settings and with the new positions of the arms, the vibration seems to be (almost totally) eliminated. I'll try to verify this tonight, but that's what I noticed while driving from the mechanic's place to the office.

Wish me luck

SV1CEC said:
Folks,

Just a quick update to let you know that today, I had the RE drop brackets installed.

Although I haven't done the alignment yet, it looks as if the steering vibration is gone. I am not sure however, where my caster is at the moment. My lower arms are a bit longer than the ones RE suggests (16.325" vs 16") while we adjusted the uppers at exactly 15" (which is the recommended by RE).

The interesting thing is that at these settings and with the new positions of the arms, the vibration seems to be (almost totally) eliminated. I'll try to verify this tonight, but that's what I noticed while driving from the mechanic's place to the office.

Wish me luck

Those drop brackets are the best thing since sliced bread!!

Back