• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stowage Help - San Jose, CA (27AUG2013)

5-90

NAXJA Forum User
All -
Due to circumstances beyond our control (landlord sold their house because they don't need the room anymore,) we're going to have to move soon.

I need help to store a project vehicle that I won't be able to work on (we're going to have to take an apartment for a year or so - ugh!) that (hopefully) won't run anywhere near what storage places want - I thought extortion was illegal?

It would be one vehicle, probably with plenty of parts in. Outside storage is just fine - he has a repaired cover and tarp on it now, and I'll want to get a good cover for him when I get the chance. The only part that would really be outside the vehicle is the new roof that I'll have to get put on, to get rid of the crappy sunroof.

He's an 88 2-door, his name is Beck. He's in rolling order, but has been registered PNO, so a flatbed would be needed to move him legally (or I'd have to go to wretched bloody DMV and fork over the $10 - or likely more - for the "one-day pass" to use a dolly or a sling tow.)

I would be willing to pay a nominal fee to store him (honestly, I'm hoping something like $20/mo, plus tow if you can offer one,) and the period would be at least one year, but hopefully not more than two.

Please PM if you can assist.

Locn: San Jose, a couple of blocks from Hillsdale & Jarvis.

We have about one month left before our deadline, we've just been fighting other fires up to now...

Have you checked craigslist, Jon?

I wish I had room, it would be no problem at all If I did.

Have you checked craigslist, Jon?

I suppose I can do that - I'd just rather have help from a fellow enthusiast - there's a degree of trust there. (And, while I'm willing to pay for the space, I'm not willing to be extorted. It's bad enough that "affordable housing" for something like a 2br apartment is $1,300/mo!)

I'll have to keep pillaging around. We're going to have to get a storage place anyhow (for while we're in the apt,) but I'm trying to not get ripped off too badly...

if you move to sac area you could get a good sized house with a 2 car garage , driveway , etc to rent for 1300$..... just saying. 1300$ is a good price for san jose from my searches. Its totally messed up out there.

if you move to sac area you could get a good sized house with a 2 car garage , driveway , etc to rent for 1300$..... just saying. 1300$ is a good price for san jose from my searches. Its totally messed up out there.

It's bad enough we have to move, and we're tied into a few things out here still.

Frankly, I'd rather unass California entirely - but we can't swing that, either. (Bugger.)

I'm reasonably familiar with Sac area - one of our boys is up there in EDH...

I'm in Chico, probably a bit too far away but I do have a car trailer you can use and a drive way until you can figure out something longterm.

Seems to me that the storage costs will exceed the value of the jeep rather qickly, even with help from a friend. If it were me I would sell it and bank the money you get for it, along with whatever you were planning on paying to store it and buy a new rig when you have the time/space.

You can donate the 2dr to me, Jon. Haha.

Seems to me that the storage costs will exceed the value of the jeep rather qickly, even with help from a friend. If it were me I would sell it and bank the money you get for it, along with whatever you were planning on paying to store it and buy a new rig when you have the time/space.

KBB = $0, it's more a sentimental thing. That, and RENIX rigs are getting harder to find (I don't care much for the second body style, and I do not like ChryCo OBD-I controls.)

I see renix heeps around here (central coast) all the time, for sale.

Back