• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stories from the 'crawl

nope didnt break but feared pushing harder than I was would result in a good bounce w/ roll or snapping my tiny axles...another xj on 33's with a winch went up with a few tugs of the winch...we both decided front lockers were a must for next year.
tellico04naxja0054.jpg

this was on upper 2 IIRC...I went down first and bounced off the wall a few times but dont think I did any new damage...we got the others down with out a scratch

yellowxj said:
tellico04naxja0013.jpg

Heres my first of a few bad lines on guardrail...
tellico04naxja0009.jpg

as far as I got on one of the bad lines...front locker would have been handy
tellico04naxja00042.jpg

and my uncomfortable adventure on the guardrail bypass....helicopter pad had a dozen rigs lined up so we missed that and rocketed down school bus so fast we missed the hard part????
Bypass on Guardrail? When was that done?

JnJ said:
Bypass on Guardrail? When was that done?

awhile now, at least a year & a half. its gotten a little rougher too (the bypass) , i think the ATVers started it and it finally got wide enough for rigs.

they have fixed the bottom, so its not bad at all now...when we were there in March the bottom of GR was worse than the top...

i dont have any pics of the march trip online but here are some old pics of lower GR
http://homepage.mac.com/nicoleyates/PhotoAlbum61.html

yellowxj-

lockers are good, but with the wheelbase you should have been ok...the bf was running without his front ARB b/c he broke the superior earlier in the week & was running a stock shaft - he didn't have any problems - in fact he even backed down it and went up to the left (where the big ledges are) i was impressed...then again Krawlers make a difference.

truth may be that I was just a scared Fl. boy with a tippy rig and no people experienced with GR with us... :roflmao:

It was good to meet you guy's and put faces with the names. Ary, glad you made it home in one piece. The question is, will you guys still like me when the Xj is gone? It'l still have the heart of my XJ in it! dave

35xj said:
The question is, will you guys still like me when the Xj is gone? dave
I'll still like you :loveu:

35xj said:
It was good to meet you guy's and put faces with the names. Ary, glad you made it home in one piece. The question is, will you guys still like me when the Xj is gone? It'l still have the heart of my XJ in it! dave

Who said we liked you in the first place? :D

Safari "patiently awaiting pictures" Ary :D

Ary, as soon as I figure out how to resize pictures, i'll send em to you. We took 176, so we have some selection. dave

My Pictures

Alright, here's my pictures. These are from Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately I missed Thursday's outing. Friday our group took trail 5 to trail 9 (slick rock) and back out 8, 4, and 5. Saturday we came down upper 2 and watched the crazies on lower 2 for a while. Then a few of us went up 6 to 4 and out 5. It was indeed a great time. Thanks especially to Heather and Kevin for all they did to make it happen.

Album 1

Album 2

35xj said:
Ary, as soon as I figure out how to resize pictures, i'll send em to you. We took 176, so we have some selection. dave

It's really easy to do in MSPaint, but you have to do it one at a time. Just open the image in paint, then click on the "image" part of the tool bar and somewhere obvious in there you can reduce the size. As for doing a bunch at one time, I don't know how to do that, although I'm sure there's a program for it. Anyway, take your time, I'm in no hurry. I haven't been this high off of 'wheelin in a long time, so the pictures coming in a couple days will just help prolong the buzz :D I'm ITCHIN to go 'wheelin now, hopefully I'll have the Jeep ready to go this weekend and can go somewhere the following weekend.

Ary

michslickrock4.jpg

my wife had a great time and didnt add any new dents...did rub the rear tires a few times...gotta lift it an inch more and re work the bump stops

Great to see you guys again! That was the most fun I've had at an event in a while. Thanks to Heather and Kevin for making it all possible. Already looking foreward to next year.
mattk

I would have to agree with Matt, Kevin and Heather deserve a lot of credit for all the work and time they put in. Even with out a Jeep there I enjoyed it alot. Looking forward to next year as well.....might buy myself a set of shin guards before I come!

yellowxj said:
my wife had a great time
She can't come back and drive anymore, she shamed most of us.
GIRL POWER

hey guys, this is Mrs. 2offroad. Thought I would add my 2 cents worth. I want to thank Heather and Kevin for making me feel at home. They were wonderful hosts. It was great to put faces with all the names I hear Mark talk about all the time. Looking forward to meet everyone again real soon.

yea thats the dragin' wagon, looks like upper 2.

Impressive!!!!!! I've never been there but I hear that 2 (upper/lower) is pretty tough. Awesome!!!!!!!!!1

my buddy chris with the grey florida xj, swampers front, boggers rear, etc.. got home tuesday afternoon after blowing the engine in the rental RV on I75 in mid Ga. sometime monday morning....it took the RV co. 8 hours to get another RV to them...every hour they promised it would be there in another 20 min.... :firedevil: he didnt really mention the cost of renting the RV for 5 or 6 days but I believe it exceeded $1k....the one they sent as a replacement had front end shakes so bad he thought he'd have to stop driving that one too...funny huh?

Dangiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!! I hate that I missed the Crawl this year and missed riding with yall. Looks like MOST everyone had a great time from the pics I've seen.
Oh well, hopefully I'll be ready by the Flog! Yall take care.

Dale

Back