• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stoddard Clean-up Oct 18-19

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Clean-dezert is putting on another clean-up this year in the barstow area. Its will be held the weekend of Oct 18th. and 19th in Barstow Ca.

Saturday morning we will have sign-ups for the clean-up and start the clean-up at 9am. Free BBQ for everyone (Thanks to CAMBURG Engineering and specifically Jerry Zaiden!) who comes out and volunteers, as well as a free raffle for everyone volunteering. Clean-dezert.org would also like to invite you to bring the kids out to help out and learn why it's important to protect our desert have some popcorn and play in the desert! We will have some gloves being donated but just incase bring a set to be on the safe side.

So far we have had tremendous success in getting stuff to raffle off from the following people, without each of your help this wouldn't be possible! We will continue to contact manufacturers and suppliers until the event as well!

In addition to Camburg providing the BBQ along with OFF-ROAD MAGAZINE and DEZERT TV reporting on the event we have the following sponsors providing our raffle items:

EVENT PRESENTED BY:
CAMBURG
Fox Shocks=$1000 Gift Certificate
KC Lights= 3 sets of 8" lights
Glassworks Unlimited=Set of front fenders
IronClad Gloves=100 sets of gloves to the first 100 People.
AEM Intakes=2 sets of AEM Brute force intakes and 2 panel filters
SPONSORS
MDR=1 free race entry
TRAILGLOW=pair of 9" HID/custom engraved lenses.
RICHER RACING=$250 Gift Card
RRP FABRICATING=light bars, shackles, stickers
SUD PRODUCTIONS=DVD's from SUD
FLATWHEEL PRODUCTIONS=RPM DVD's
DMZ FABRICATION=Shirts, stickers, gift certificates
BTF FABRICATIONS=Weld it yourself link kit
DEZERT NATION=Shirts, stickers, gift certificates
RDC/DP=Desert People DVD's & RDC T-shirts

And hopefully lots more to come!

Saturday evening we will have the a surf style rock and roll band playing while everyone unwinds from the day. Tequila worms will be performing their surf style rock and roll in the afternoon and into the evening so make sure you stick around to check it out!
Sunday morning we will be giving demo rides in race vehicles for volunteers as well. As of right now we have several cars, trucks and SxS's panning on coming out (barring any catastrophic malfunctions between now and then). If you have always wanted to ride in an off-road vehicle and don't have the chance too, here you go! (If you plan on going on a demo ride, please bring a helmet and googles, we have a couple extra, but may not have the right size for your head, All rides require a helmet to be worn)

Clean-dezert.org is also asking for donations towards our cause! This doesn't have to be financially, if you want to give us a trashcan or donate some gloves, have some parts laying around that some kid may be able to use (which could then be installed at your shop!) we would like to speak with you!

In addition to funding the cleanups in our local deserts Clean-dezert.org also donates 25% of the proceeds directly to CORVA Now come on people, this is a WIN WIN situation!

So for those of you who are interested in helping out with the event or looking to donate to the effort to maintain and protect our desert please go to http://clean-dezert.org and sign up! Its free, it fun, and is important!

The clean-up will be located off Outlet Center Drive in the OHV area.
From the 15N exit Outlet Center Drive, make a right onto Outlet Center Drive, then another right into the OHV dirt area. We will be located right in the front.

Sign ups will take place starting around 8:30-9:00 with the event starting at 9am.

Thanks!

there is also mention of this event in this month's issue of OFF-ROAD magazine. hopefully there will be a good turnout. im going to try and make it.... free food and offroading! how can you miss it? :D

there is also mention of this event in this month's issue of OFF-ROAD magazine. hopefully there will be a good turnout. im going to try and make it.... free food and offroading! how can you miss it? :D

I went to a cleanup in Lucerne a couple of years ago sponsored by Primedia, they gave out some cool swag, hats, t-shirts, calenders, videos. Tony and Marisha were there also.

The $1000 in Fox GC is a nice incentive.

Maybe I can convince the wife to let me have the weekend for my birthday, but bring the family on this trip :D

Moab in my official B-day present to myself

Back