• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock XJ Fuel mileage '96-01

Don't they call Jeep Liberty a 'Cherokee' everywhere but North America?

My first thought, too. Maybe he's in Australia. But, no, his location marker says Virginia. Or maybe he's from overseas, bought a KJ overseas, brought it to Virginia, and doesn't know that KJs are called Liberty here. It could happen.

"4.0/AW4" sorta rules out a KJ, don't you think?

16-20 mpg is pretty reasonable for a stock rig in good condition. My average for a tank is around 18. With gas having shot up another $0.50 this afternoon, I'm shooting for 20+ this week. Time to drive like old people.

Last year i managed to get 19.2(17 when i hit the mountains) average according to my scanguage from here to Harlan, KY which was ~300 miles(BB, 31;s and stock gears). I will report back next month after i make the trip again with ~3.5" and 32's on stock gears.

dont know what the mpg is, but i get 500 km from a tank here in Australia, thats mostly weekend driving on country roads, i have 4 inch lift and 31 inch tyres, and 390,000 km on the original motor.

i have 4.10 gears and the correct speedo drive gear, i find the best economy is to drive it easy and keep the speed around 90kmph

My stock '00 w/ 182K is currently pulling about 18.9 mpg highway, but I've was seeing a solid 22 mpg highway and maybe as high as 24 (if I'm remembering correctly) a few years ago. I really need to bite the bullet and change the O2 sensors...

My stock '00 w/ 182K is currently pulling about 18.9 mpg highway, but I've was seeing a solid 22 mpg highway and maybe as high as 24 (if I'm remembering correctly) a few years ago. I really need to bite the bullet and change the O2 sensors...

Don't forget the CTS, the Coolant Temp Sensor. Very important in OBDII cars. A faulty one will keep you from closed loop operation.

Back