• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock or Adjustable track bar for 3" and Brace

dan89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I've been thinking about this recently.. I want to add a trackbar brace on my XJ to help tighten things up front. I only am lifted 3" and have not recentered the axle - I cant really notice it being out of place. So, I am thinking its barely off.. and I'll do just fine with redrilling the axle track bar mounting location. So.. I've been looking around at track bar braces - and figure I'll make my own. Easy enough and I can make it how I like it. Now for track bar brackets unibody side - I'm seeing drop brackets and brackets that convert to bushing style end. I like the drop Idea.. but not sure about the bushing style end. This would require a custom track bar.. so I'm seeing custom track bars but only for 4" and up. Anyone sell a 3" lift adj track bar ? Does the bushing end mount make a diffrence in flex, as the TRE style is holding me up ?

Right now I'm looking at this: http://www.redrock4x4.com/jeepxjadjustablefronttrackbarbyroughcountry.aspx

I can redrill the axle mount the other way to accommodate for the "too long" track bar for my XJ - good idea ?

I suggest going to an adjustable just in case you upgrade later. I would also like to suggest the Iron Rock Off Road Heavy Duty Double shear track bar and bracket. It is pure beef.

Iron rock does look like a better option. 1-5" range track bar fits the recipe better. I like the bracket.. as its bent 1/4" steel.. not a welded up bracket. Its only $40 more.. hmm

So.. how about the tre style end track bars, do they limit travel really.. or would it still go aways before binding ?

I just recently bought an Iron Rock adjustable track bar and bracket in the 1-5" range. It is a 1/4" thick steel plate but it is two plates that have been formed and welded (one piece for the unibody mount and the other for the track bar itself). It is SUPER BEEFY to say the least and the bar itself is not a tube, it is a solid bar that is drilled and tapped on the bracket side and welded with a tube on the axle side.
I bought this to replace the stock track bar set up because I couldn't for the life of me keep the stock bracket from shifting on the chassis.
I'm running 31's with a Rancho 3" lift and the only limit to my suspension was the lower control arms contacting the control arm mounts and the tires chewing into the inner fender covers. The tie rod end was never my limiter.

Yeah, a little long winded but why skip the details. Oh, and ask if Iron Rock has made their brace to acompany the bracket, was told they were working on it.

Iron rock does look like a better option. 1-5" range track bar fits the recipe better. I like the bracket.. as its bent 1/4" steel.. not a welded up bracket. Its only $40 more.. hmm

So.. how about the tre style end track bars, do they limit travel really.. or would it still go aways before binding ?

TRE ended track bars will limit axle travel if your setup will allow that much flex. IRO's track bar uses replaceable bushings and will not limit flex no matter how much you can flex and the bolt is in double shear which is good.

Back