• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock In Wharton

sublime600

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
Is it doable to go through trails in Wharton with stock Cherokee. My only upgrade being Kumho AT tires, which arent really the best but better than the stock Goodyears. Im not really into getting into water up to the doors so I would probably try to avoid that. I really just wanna be able to try it out to see what I can do stock. I dont have any friends with suv's or trucks so it will only be me and my friend. Im trying to get my buddy with a pathfinder to go but we will see. Im trying to go this Sunday. Thanks, also wheres the best entrance?

Just stay on the roads (wide trails) and go around puddles.
Drive smart.
Bring a come-along and some straps and chain.
Most people don't like chains, but if you are alone and need to use a come-along, a nylon strap will stretch too much, and the come-along won't break the chain.

cell phones are handy also

I'd deff try to get your buddy to go, cause even the mud can suck you up, it always helps to have two....(unless you both get stuck) And watch out for water that looks like a shallow puddle....either deeper than you thought or good mud to get stuck in. :firedevil

I wouldn't go with just one vehicle. Trust me here. Any water you see, if you can't go around and won't turn around, get out and measure it with a stick. Push kind of hard too 'cause the quicksand below the water will eat your vehicle as well.

Always try to go with a better built rig than your own too. If the rig you go with AND yours don't have recovery points it's worth about as much as a stick on the trail. Go prepared and go with another vehicle.

Back