• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock headlights to H4 replacements?

I have the Hella E-Codes and am darn happy with them. If you buy them in a pair, they are cheaper.

Keep in mind, the guy who sells Cibies is alwasy going to say that the Cibie is the best...........................

tnomud said:
Keep in mind, the guy who sells Cibies is alwasy going to say that the Cibie is the best...........................

True, but I have run CIBIE's for along time, have a set of 7" rounds awaiting my next TJ unlimited, they are very good lights. Wanted them for the XJ but they were not being imported anymore when I got the XJ, then DS started selling them mid 98 or so and wanted over $150 PER HOUSING, NFW, his prices have come down quite a bit since then though. They are actually very resonable now for what you get. The Hella E's are OK, far superior to the factory sealed beams but while the sealed beams are a 1, Hellas are a 7, cibies are a solid 10... Keep in mind that in europe CIBE's, Hella's and Bosch are as common as Sylvania's and GE sealed beams are here, like mercedes benz, over there it's just a german chevy more or less.... :D

The main problem I had with the Hellas was that if the low beam was adjusted right, the high beams were up in the trees, and if the highs were right, the lows ended right in front of you. Cibies don't do that!

How hard is it to install a premade harness? Is it something I could do with a couple friends with some electrical experience? Who makes the best one?

Back