• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stinger Bumpers

ckowennos said:
This video is enough justification for me to buy a stinger....

What you guys are missing is that a "real" stinger needs to be tied to something structural to take the kind of loads you're talking about.

XJ Ranger's is tied to the exo, as is the YJ's in that vid.

But most are just mounted off the bumper. And even with the steering box and longer tie-ins, I think you're going to run into trouble trying to do a nose-stand like that...

Robert

Olympic 4x4 makes a stinger and that crap bolts on, that would snap with any kind of stress with it just being held by four bolts.
4198E2TPAYL_SL500_AA280_.jpg

What i'm trying to figure out is where he was trying to go, and why he was using that much throttle to get there. I mean yeah the stinger saved him from going over, but it looks like the situation could have been avoided alltogether just by changing the driving style. I could be compleatly off here, and not understanding the situation he was in, but he bounced that thing around like a pinball and ended up on his nose. A little finness and this would have been just another boering youtube crawling video.

i used the stinger on my brother in laws wrangler as a pully point for his winch in order to pluck a small tree out of the ground... and then drove it to the city compost pile in this manner... i still cant figure out why people were looking at me weird. who doesnt put a tree on the front of their jeep. his was quite excessive. it was on it when he bought it, and has since been removed and replaced with a better (but still stingeresqe) tied in bumper.
DSC00561.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

KG6ZJM said:
I could be compleatly off here, and not understanding the situation he was in,

Yep.

The guy who came down before him had nearly rolled there too and was saved by a couple people on a strap holding him down. So the guy in the video (along with everyone else there) decided to give it a little gas through that part rather than go slow and roll over...he either did it too much or too late though.

Back