• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

still leaking fuel after new o rings gremlins i think

Thanks for the info. I looked at my rebuilt Mustang injectors and they have brown O rings for both upper & lower positions. I'm assuming the O-rings are Fo-Mo-Co replacements but the MJ FSM is very specific in calling out black O-rings for the rail and brown for the intake. Should I get the black O-rings for the Mustang Injectors?

Thanks for the info. I looked at my rebuilt Mustang injectors and they have brown O rings for both upper & lower positions. I'm assuming the O-rings are Fo-Mo-Co replacements but the MJ FSM is very specific in calling out black O-rings for the rail and brown for the intake. Should I get the black O-rings for the Mustang Injectors?

I would go ahead and use the injector o-rings that came on your reconditioned injectors, or if you are nervous about it pick up some o-rings for the Ford injectors from Napa.

You are right, the XJ parts catalog specifies black/brown 6 each in a kit, but I don't know what the difference is, and the brown/black thing was abandoned later on with just one o-ring for both ends.

if they are the Fat body Injectors everyone tries to grab from a 5.0 mustang they spray from one hole......Now the Later mustang ones spray from 4....there is always Confusion when talking about Mustang Injectors........Thats why i always suggest to get a set from a 5.0 Explorer or pretty much Any 4.6L Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Vehicle.

if they are the Fat body Injectors everyone tries to grab from a 5.0 mustang they spray from one hole......Now the Later mustang ones spray from 4....there is always Confusion when talking about Mustang Injectors........Thats why i always suggest to get a set from a 5.0 Explorer or pretty much Any 4.6L Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Vehicle.

Wrong. Bosch disc-type 4-hole injectors, with fat bodies, have been in use on Fords for some time.

Wrong. Bosch disc-type 4-hole injectors, with fat bodies, have been in use on Fords for some time.
hmmm all the 5.0's ive ever had (4 or 5) all had the one pintle Injectors.....If you were pulling them from a 5.0 Mustang it must have been 94+
Which would make sense........

No more leaks swapped out all injectors with ones of a doner 96 lots of lube this time. ordering 19# ford injectors for my 1996 the other injectors came out of thanks for the advice:conceited

I just installed a set of the ford injectors on my 93 XJ, and one is leaking from the fuel rail side, I ordered from precision injectors and they came with a sheet and said to use a coating of oil on them. Should I have used petroleum jelly instead? And my shrader valve is leaking too. Do I have to replace the fuel rail or can I find a new valve at the parts store?

I have always used petroleum jelly on the o-rings.

Did you happen to clean the fuel rail of any crap that might be on the mounting surfaces? A nylon shotgun bore brush makes quick work of it.

took the fuel rail off, took the injectors off, thoroughly cleaned the fuel rail, took the schrader valve off and checked it out, then proceeded to lube the hell out of everything with Vaseline. so far, no leaks! idles smoother too, especially since i replaced my cracked exhaust manifold. that apn header is nice!

Sounds good. Keep an eye on it for a couple days. Always better safe than :flame:

Back