• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering problem!

dates over private messages? what the hell are you talking about? i never sent you a private messages.

i know your not gay, your a no running cat convertor and swaybarless tough guy.

We all pretty much assumed that to be the case.
but now this is getting good... Where is my emergency popcorn for the NAXJA Battles... its around here somewhere.

Keep the damn sway bar and fix it right! Sometimes you just can't go out and buy bolt-ons for some issues so you need to fabricate.

Here is what I did to fix my steering interference and keep my sway bar and disconnects;

Cut the old sway bar mount
P1010650.jpg

Make a new one out of some 1-1/4"x4"x1/4" stock and drill a 1/2" hole in one end, I drilled some small holes for plug welds as well for more strength.
P1010651.jpg

Weld it on
P1010653.jpg

Grind it down and dress it up
P1010655.jpg

P1010656.jpg

Repeat for the other side and adjust your quick disconnects to get the sway bar in the right position and away from your springs.

Done!

Now when you drive down the freeway and if some idiot cuts over into you you can make a high speed invasive maneuver with more confidence, that's why vehicles have sway bars. The rear sway bar is another story, its useless, recycle it.

i have 4.5" of lift on my 89 with adjustable upper and lower lower control arms and all i needed to do was extend the endlinks about 3-4" for them to not rub the coils. it only cost about 10$ and an hour of time modifing the stock links. if your unable to extend the links(might want to find a new hobby) or buy quick disconnects

at 4.5" of lift, there is no reason to not run a swaybar because its an easy fix!!!

Like I said...its been a year, and no swaybars at all. Its fine.

Now when I had no rear shocks, and no sway bar, that got a little interesting....

Like I said...its been a year, and no swaybars at all. Its fine.

Now when I had no rear shocks, and no sway bar, that got a little interesting....

It's fine for "normal" driving at slow speeds, but it's an accident waiting to happen with your lift, Alex, and you know this.

It's fine for "normal" driving at slow speeds, but it's an accident waiting to happen with your lift, Alex, and you know this.

Disagree completely. Ive been in my fair share of "oh sh*t" moments driving it, and its been fine. Just takes a little more attention.

Back