• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering mods for 6.5" lift?

Im running RK X-Factor Steering with about 6.5-7" of lift. I daily drive my rig and it has never been this responsive and tight. Best part is the kit is a OTK setup.

98XJROKS said:
I'm not trying to save money.. If I was i'd buy Rusty's stuff LOL...Anyway, I can buy DOM from Poison Spyder in lengths of 2,3,4,5,6 ft lenghts 5-6 foot lenghts are only $44-$52. I'll cut itmyself and have it threaded at home depot in the pipe dept.

Thanks for the eye opener though! Without the TRE information you provided, I would have just bought Currie's stuff and now we all have another option if so inclined.

I do have a question though...So I understand correctly, with the Chevy TRE's we are only reaming the taper out to fit the new tre's right? And what about the the pitman arm hole does that need to be done as well?

Correct. You can buy the reamer for like $35 online, if you can't find one someone here (or myself) can help you. You have the option of reaming the current holes slightly larger as to run the steering "bolt on", or you can ream the knuckles from the top down, and run the steering "flipped". Doing this will mean you have to grind your coil buckets down just a hair, and cut/weld your swabar links a bit higher to get them out of the way.

98XJROKS said:
I'll cut itmyself and have it threaded at home depot in the pipe dept.

Good luck with that! You will probably have a hard time finding a machine shop that has 7/8-18 taps, let alone home depot. We sell rods per inch that are tapped on both ends. You just need to give us a your measurements. $2.25 per Inch.

Alrighty then....This is the reason we all buy stuff thats all ready to bolt up. What a head ache!

I have the JCR 1 ton. Its mucho cheaper than Currie

Pros:
- stronger and beefier but still bendable like everything else is
- can flip the tierod if you have tools n time.
- removes inverted Y config
- good warranty on TREs
- cheaper than Currie
- JCR provides GREAT service n Support

Cons:
- Not bolt-on since it requires drilling and reaming knuckles AND pitman arm.
- If you break it, cannot safely use stock setup since the holes are reamed. If you do...be VERY careful because it gets really sloppy.

Back