• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Help??

scottieb

NAXJA Forum User
for the last few weeks, everytime i turn a corner, the steering fights me kinda like turning in 4wd on dry ground! this problem is not as severe as being in 4wd and turning, but its the same feeling! i have just been released from the dr to start driving again, i suffered a prety bad back injury recently so that means i cant be crawling around under the jeep right now. so i am asking for some input as to what the problem could be and how concerned i need to be. i do know the the front pig is leaking. jeep is a 95 sport 4door 4wd 5 speed! any and all help is appreciated!
thanks in advance!

Sounds like U-joints or balljoints. Lurching back and forth type of fighting, or just hard to turn the wheel?

I'd bet on U-joints. Any strange clunking, squeaking, or grinding noises from the front end while turning?

did you check the power steering reservoir? how bad is the steering box leaking?? If it's leaking bad you may be losing the power part of your steering!!

Back