• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting problem

89xj said:
when posting a problem, its simple, post its spec. i own more than one xj and my sig says 89 but also own a 96.

dont be a douche bag with all the !!!!!!!!!! get over yourself

I'll put as many !!!! in a post as I want!!!!!!!!! It's called freedom of speech!!! If you don't like it....F-off!!

Besides, you're the "douchbag" for thinking it's an electrical problem when it's clearly a fuel problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:patriot:

keep0njeepin0n said:
I'll put as many !!!! in a post as I want!!!!!!!!! It's called freedom of speech!!! If you don't like it....F-off!!

Besides, you're the "douchbag" for thinking it's an electrical problem when it's clearly a fuel problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:patriot:

wow, too funny.

um, the ballast is part of the fuel system. um, isnt the fuel pump an electric fuel pump? um, isnt fuel injection controlled by an ECM(electronic control unit), um, how does the ecm control its output, via electrical input devices.

keep0njeepin0n said:
Um, maybe we should just agree to um disagree, because um, you're annoying, and um, I really um want to punch you in the um face

i have no problem disagreeing, never did, next time dont be so rude and use bold, caps, underlines, and exclamation points when you have a different opinion. there is a nice way to disagree and a not so nice way to disagree.

birchlakeXJ said:
I agree with keepOnjeepinOn. You have to get some hard data on what is preventing proper fuel delivery. This one shouldn't be too hard to isolate. :wave1:

Yeah like he replaced the damn Injectors and fuel rail with junkyard goodies!!! The problem lies there concidering the fuel pump is doing it's job. Check all connections...........if that solves nothing put the original stuff back on and see if that helps!! :gee:

keep0njeepin0n said:
Um, maybe we should just agree to um disagree, because um, you're annoying, and um, I really um want to punch you in the um face

For christ sake can we just get along and help this poor guy get his junk runnin!! :doh:

ok yeah its an 88
and i have cranked it and smelled the plugs and exhaust and they both smell like gas.
yeah im gettin spark.
is there a special way to test my fuel pump and my fuel pressure at the shrader valve?

thank you guys for all your help so far and i will let you know what the problem was as soon as i figure it out!

Hallo. I have done also a lot of testing lately. I hadnt any experience.
1 I bought a Haynesbook
2 Looked at the instructions of the testgauge
3 Bought a test gauge from Actron (see old tread)Many dollars for a Europian
4 Looked into the treads of Naxa
5 Looked into the manuels of Actron (with Google)

after that I had a few questions for Naxa
:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

keep0njeepin0n said:

No you are first!!!! I said so!! LOL.

Anyway. Deff check your fuel pressure before you wast anymore money. My bets on a pump.

Taylorxj88 said:
ok yeah its an 88
and i have cranked it and smelled the plugs and exhaust and they both smell like gas.
yeah im gettin spark.
is there a special way to test my fuel pump and my fuel pressure at the shrader valve?

thank you guys for all your help so far and i will let you know what the problem was as soon as i figure it out!

get a fuel pressure gauge:
connect to shrader valve and disconnect vacuum line for fuel pressure regulator
start the engine
pressure should read 39psi
connect vacuum line
pressure should read 31psi

alright well today i bypassed the ballast resistor and it made a big difference.
the engine will run for about 10 or 15 seconds and then seems like its starving of gas or somethin and then boggs out.
so i hooked it back up to the ceramic peice and it didnt work.
so i need to get one of those and i also need to get a presure tester and then i will go from there.

My RENIX XJ didn't want to start yesturday and I think I'm having a problem similar to the one you're having on yours, please post what you did to solve your problem, if you did so.

Back