• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starter Help

Needing it replaced? Tested/Trouble shooting? :dunno:

Will it start/run to get the jeep somewhere? I'm down by S. Broadway and Dry Creek. I could help ya Thurs possibly. My weekend is unsettled - death in the family and I may be having to help clear her condo out and whatnot.......

ya it will still start. i'm not sure how to test or trouble shoot it. i have to jump start it from underneath with a screwdriver. thursday after 6 would work for me. sorry about your loss.

its probably the neutral safety switch, they get gunked up and then your jeep will start intermittently and eventually not at all. Your backup lights not coming on is another good indicator of the neutral safety switch needing cleaned. Both of my jeeps started having the intermittent starting problems and within a month one of them would not start without a screwdriver, but after cleaning the nss they both start perfect everytime. It only takes a couple hours and is very easy to do, there are a few different writeups online with pictures and everything

seems like the solenoid is hanging up could it be leaking oil in that area ? you are jumping it with a screwdriver , so the starter is ok just pull it and check the solenoid

Take the starter off lay it on the ground hook jumper cables up to battery Hook positive cable to starter solenoid touch negative cable to starter housing if bendix engages starter is good.

Back