• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Started my rear storage.

coastie124 said:
Camlocks are fasteners that make about a half a turn to hold secure. We have them all over our aircraft. Make for quicker inspections behind panels.

Here is a pic of one.
titel_schnell.jpg

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. I'm thinking more of finger camlocks that we use on our planes, but yeah, same stuff.

outlander said:
oh yea I know about those they are also know as dzus(spelling?)fasteners

Dzus fittings use a wire and a shaft with a notched slot through it. They look like this. They are half turn locking fittings also. Either one will work though I perfer the camlocks for this application like I said.

DZUS1.jpg

53guy said:
Yup, that's what I'm talking about. I'm thinking more of finger camlocks that we use on our planes, but yeah, same stuff.

Yeah you can get Dzus or Camlocks in the finger (wingnut like) style. I like the straight slot ones because they don't stick out and won't get broken as easily. You can also open them with any straight edge you have around. The wingnut style fasteners work great in places you can't get a screwdriver in though.

coastie124 said:
Yeah you can get Dzus or Camlocks in the finger (wingnut like) style. I like the straight slot ones because they don't stick out and won't get broken as easily. You can also open them with any straight edge you have around. The wingnut style fasteners work great in places you can't get a screwdriver in though.

Or if you're too lazy to get a screw driver out of your preflight kit like me!

scottmcneal said:
Nice sit up.. Do you have to remove the jack to get in that panel? I skiped some of the pic's... But it does look nice

Yea the hi-llift has to be pulled out to gain access to the panel,but its only one wingnut.The hi-lift actually keeps the door and the contents behind it in place....I'm too hurt right now with second degree burns on my right hand to design a latch.The hi-lift holds it though.

Instant access isn't important to me when it comes to spare parts and fluids.Now if it was saftey equiptment it would be a different story.:flame:

Back