• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Started installing my Napier Flares

Can you get close up shots of the trimmed for trim?

Stopped in kelso last night! Haha looks very nice!

Got my 4.88s done at specfab yesterday in kalama.

Thanks got the compliment. How do you like your gears? What brand? I will be having them do mine here really soon. I will take pictures of the trim when I get home in just a bit.

Here are the moulding a trimmed up. I was going to pull them off completely but the PO had had the passenger side repainted. When the shop did it they only did down to the moulding. So, once removed there was a terrible paint line. So I had to remove all the tape and put new on and then re-instal them :(

y3e4udum.jpg

Front

japyte9e.jpg

Rear

I have the same paint line on mine... I feel the pain man! I am going to have to trim my moldings and sand them and throw some krylon on them now.

Its not that noticeable but I notice it every time i walk by the jeep.

That's what my pain was going to be. You could barely tell. I'm trying to think if a way to paint black up to there. I don't think it'll look good cause it is above the body line. If I get new Cherokee Classic emblems and incorporate them on the line with the same color pinstripe I might me able to make it look ok... If I were to just bring paint up to that line instead of a body line it's going to look like an unfinished project. I even thought about scuffing up the paint and laying some clear down up to the top body line, This would hide it at least. Painting this for me is no big deal, I have all the materials and I could bust it out in just a couple of hours. In the end it's going to be trail rig but even the smallest details that seem half assed bug the hell out of me.

When I get around to installing mine I plan to paint from the top of the trim down in Black rocker guard, then the front/rear bumper as well in black. that'll hide any issues with teh trim and allows me to bevel the front and rear sections into the flares without having to color match them again.

just a suggetsion.

Nice write up, looks good ... I'll be referring to this one when I do mine this spring.

Looks great man! I'm rocking napiers on my Xj as well. I just noticed your in Kelso, I'm not far away. Just up the road in Centralia. Great looking Xj!

Hi,
I'm getting ready to install mine. I bought polyurethane sealer thats used for roofing and tremclad primer abd paint - will this work as well as the sealant you used and the self etching primer?
Thanks

Hi,
I'm getting ready to install mine. I bought polyurethane sealer thats used for roofing and tremclad primer abd paint - will this work as well as the sealant you used and the self etching primer?
Thanks

Not sure about that stuff...Do you have an autobody supply shop around where you can get urethane? The tremclad will probably do fine but the Polyurethane sealant sounds like Vulkem which is used to seal joint seams in stuff like siding.

do you have a better picture of the rear bumper end caps? I'm trying to figure out the best way to cut and install them and I'd just like to see how you did it. Thanks

do you have a better picture of the rear bumper end caps? I'm trying to figure out the best way to cut and install them and I'd just like to see how you did it. Thanks

I will take a picture for ya. Sorry I was out of town and had no service so I didn't see your post till now. It's not the best job in the world... I could have done much better but knowing I'm just going to throw them away here really soon I didn't really care.

Back