• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stalling issue

well it keeps wanting to stick at about 2500 on some of the warmed up starts. i have no problem with a nice healthy rev at start up but not when it goes up and stays up.

Ok, EGR sticking is a possibility.

ok my egr seems to be ok. what is no fuel coming out the return line a sign of cuz i know my other 1990 has a steady stream of fuel out the return line when its on and idling

scratch that, my egr is broke and my return line is flowing fine. it runs perfect without the vac line from the transducer to the egr being connected, no stalling no hesitation. hook the line back to the egr and it tries to stall within a couple take offs or on the first one. so i presume i need a new egr.

yup that guy had EXACTLY my same symptoms. once i realized it was the egr i pulled the transducer thing and it sounds like its got dirt in it no spring sound like a good one has. it was just opening my egr no matter what the motor was doing. as soon as i hit gas it would open with with the gain of vac from the egr solenoid. i went to pnp and grabbed a working transducer and now all is well. i also did realize why it started after the lift but was fine all the way home. when i first got finished swapping parts and went for my first test run i started her up, looked around under the hood to make sure i hadnt bumped anything loose. i saw a little vac line coming from the egr solenoid to the little vac block thing that was unplugged and hooked her back up then carried on to test drive it and boom stalling sputtering issues arose. i accidently caused a hidden problem needing fixed to surface which was good since it woulda messed with my smog numbers.

thanks a bunch for all your help everyone, especially you joe for suggesting to take a look at my egr

Glad you got it nailed down!

Now, go have some fun.

haha most definately. its wonderful not almost stalling or stalling at intersections or parking lots. thing made me look like i couldnt drive a stick even though its an auto hehe

Back