• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

srmitchell's Deer Valley/Slickrock run: July 21-24

the_weirdo

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It's official - the 2011 Deer Valley/Slick Rock run will be the weekend of July 21-24. This is not an official NAXJA sponsored event - so you are responsible for your own good time.

Campsite is the same as always - located at the end of the trail at Hwy 4. If you need directions, please ask. There are 2 bathrooms, plenty of camping space, and should be plenty of room for people who tow their rigs to the trail.

Tentative runs:
Thursday: ???
Friday Day: Corral Hollow (or something else)
Friday Night: Slick Rock
Saturday: Deer Valley
Sunday: Slick Rock

Mandatory requirements for all trails:
1. 3" of lift highly recommended
2. 31" tires highly recommended
3. Front and rear tow points required
4. Spare tire (may be waved by trail boss)
5. Battery must be secure
6. Fire extinguisher required
7. Don't bring junk that is guaranteed to break down
8. Tread lightly required
9. Don't drink and drive required
10. Bring some spare parts and some tools

This is always a fun run with a great group of people so there is no reason to expect anything different this year. Hope to see you on the trail.

Thanks Josh.

And emphasis on the Tread Lightly aspect. We love this trail, and want to leave it better than when we arrived.

count me in, but i think i'll be sleeping in my mobile command center instead of my tent as long as i can find a large enough parking space to set up in.

I will try to make this, but I highly doubt I will unless I get a job ponto, but even then it's up in the air.

I know this is far away and I would love to go, so if I cant get the rig together by then (90% unlikely) I would love to grab a ride/take photos/bring beer

Way to go Josh, no offense Sean. Did not mean to dump this on you.

I will do everything in my power to be there.:cheers:

LoL mobile command center

yup, this is my mobile command center. this way i can take Diane, Bruno as well as Jax with me.
DSCN5067_edited.jpg

Wow, they make parking spots that big?...

You will have a mighty fun time getting that beast through highway 4 to Hermit Valley lol.

You will have a mighty fun time getting that beast through highway 4 to Hermit Valley lol.

no doubt! last year we got stuck behind a 53' semi trailer that was stuck. it had to get towed out of the way. my rig is only 37' long + whatever i am towing. i plan on towing my equipment trailer with my red p.o.s. on it.

I had one hell of a time towing my 12' trailer loaded with 2 ATV's and gear on the way to Barney Riley at SF last year. I cant even imagine bringing a house on wheels down that road :p

My Grandfather however towed a 20-25' trailer behind his diesel suburban all the way down Ebbits pass to Markleeville with no problems.

Just take it slow and have someone ahead of you on the CB spotting for oncoming traffic and I'm sure (EDIT: Maybe) you'll be fine. :dunno:

I guess this is kinda on-hold until we figure out what is going on with the Rubicon dates or something. Hold on for more info.

I don't get on the forum very often due to I usually couldn't make any of the planned runs anyway. I guess that's a lurker?? Don't really know what that means. I'd really like to make this run...I went two years ago...missing last year...due to work! August is out of the question for anything...I work every day. The Deer Creek Trail or as I have known it for the last 35 years as the Hermit Valley Trail...is my favorite. I will watch list periodically (Lurker ??) and let the list know my status as date draws near. BC
yn11-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back