• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek 10-10-10

awesome pics...and for the record i think that not only was i the ugliest jeep there, but this is the ugliest jeep i have ever owned, yuck

Jeebus Mike you are never happy with anything!! I like the rig you have at the moment! You need a few more burfdays under your belt and then you might see the quality in what you have now......

Jeebus Mike you are never happy with anything!! I like the rig you have at the moment! You need a few more burfdays under your belt and then you might see the quality in what you have now......
dont get me wrong, for what it is it did fantastic. flexed decently, rides smooth at 80, gets great highway gas milage. and its a jeep with square lights!

but aesthetically it looks like ass, that is all...:puke:

dont get me wrong, for what it is it did fantastic. flexed decently, rides smooth at 80, gets great highway gas milage. and its a jeep with square lights!

but aesthetically it looks like ass, that is all...:puke:

leave the woody in tact, man... it gives it a certain "class":shhh:

looks like a fun trip! wish i could have made it...

mabe next time!
i shoud be able to make it with 33's right? i do have "working" front and rear lockers now!

lol. id run penrose week after week if i could. its just a different world down there. but you have to know your rig. thats for sure. and be prepared to be on the sliders often, and on 33's your diffs are gonne get caught every now and then if you arent careful

lol. id run penrose week after week if i could. its just a different world down there. but you have to know your rig. thats for sure. and be prepared to be on the sliders often, and on 33's your diffs are gonne get caught every now and then if you arent careful
I am down for another penrose run... Favorite trail so far... The only problem is its so far away from me. I wanna make a trip to BV after all the snow is gone.

As far as exploring after we split - I think I spent about 2.5 hours just kind of roaming around. I eventually took cascade creek trail down to 103 into idaho springs. Nothing challenging out there, some cool hills to climb up, some geological survey stuff, old mines, a cabin that is still standing, saw a beaver, etc... I liked it better than saxon mountain but it probably took the same amount of time if not longer to get down. I took some loops around instead of going straight down cascade creek. If you have the time to go and have GPS it's not bad exploring but I wouldn't recommend it. By the time I was on cascade creek ALL we wanted to do was get off the trail.

im donw for liberty before snow flies! just make it a sunday run and i am in!
man... how the hell do ya get rid of one rig... and in a short time have another beast going again???? I can only keep mine going smooth for just the road right now (and by the way..it sounds like I've got a job at advance auto... so now I'll be able to start building again)

man... how the hell do ya get rid of one rig... and in a short time have another beast going again???? I can only keep mine going smooth for just the road right now (and by the way..it sounds like I've got a job at advance auto... so now I'll be able to start building again)
this jeep is not a beast, by any means, its bare minimum for liberty, and thats it. hopin i can hustle some money this winter to make it into something but for now, its just alright lol

As far as exploring after we split - I think I spent about 2.5 hours just kind of roaming around. I eventually took cascade creek trail down to 103 into idaho springs. Nothing challenging out there, some cool hills to climb up, some geological survey stuff, old mines, a cabin that is still standing, saw a beaver, etc... I liked it better than saxon mountain but it probably took the same amount of time if not longer to get down. I took some loops around instead of going straight down cascade creek. If you have the time to go and have GPS it's not bad exploring but I wouldn't recommend it. By the time I was on cascade creek ALL we wanted to do was get off the trail.
take in all the trails Case... there may come a day when ya can't go there anymore (which is the deal with alot of trails I used to go on in my lifetime that are closed or only horse or walk trails now. so enjoy them while you can brother... cause it's only gonna get worse!!!

Back