• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedometer Cable part id

WeekendXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I’ve likely got more issues than just this, but working through this one to figure out what more I need. Seems the more complicated issues have been answered here, so hopefully this is an easy one:

1988 XJ Pioneer, Automatic Transmission with a 4.0L engine (and a twist - the engine is a 1998 4.0L). It has cruise control as well.

Looking for a speedometer cable. Seems relatively simple, but I’ve gone through 2 different ones from autozone without any luck. The first didn’t have the right plastic connector to the gauge cluster. The second didn’t have the right size but on the other end.

Any chance someone has a definitive “right part?” Ideally short too - I’ve only got about 12 inches, and most Speedo cables are like 8 ft long.

Thanks!

Yeah, well let us know if you find anything. I've been hunting for the upper one for a while now with no luck. The outer cable is hard as a rock so removing the cluster requires a lot of finesse.

For those not in the know, the autos with cruise use a 2 part speedo cable that has the cruise sensor patched in just behind the cluster.

You can find part numbers here if that helps.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...ic_transmission/cable_speedometer_pinion.html

Yeah, well let us know if you find anything. I've been hunting for the upper one for a while now with no luck. The outer cable is hard as a rock so removing the cluster requires a lot of finesse.

For those not in the know, the autos with cruise use a 2 part speedo cable that has the cruise sensor patched in just behind the cluster.

You can find part numbers here if that helps.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...ic_transmission/cable_speedometer_pinion.html

This is tremendous - thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just have one made, they can install any type of "end" configuration.

Nothing off-hand but Google is your friend, I was researching this about 5yrs ago for a different project.

Nothing off-hand but Google is your friend, I was researching this about 5yrs ago for a different project.

Thanks. Yeah, I googled - lots of options there. I’m tempted to take it to a shop and just have them deal with it, but really wanted to do all the fixes myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back