• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Special Shout out to Rusty's Offroad

tetsulo

NAXJA Member #1239
I recently ordered a bunch of stuff from them for my mj, new upper and lower control arms, their track-bar/mount combo, airtube etc.

The upper track bar mount that they shipped was the wrong one. A quick phone call, two minutes of measuring and they shipped out the right one free of charge. They didn't even ask for the other one back so now I have more lift options :)

Thank you Rusty's Offroad Products!

tetsulo

I'm just kinda confused at to what you mean by "more lift options"

Too bad his products are not as good as his customer service...

rock rash said:
you must have been the millionth unhappy customer for them to send it out to you for free.
Funny I was thinking the same thing. Also wondering how many more times he will have to deal with his "wonderful" customer service to fix everything that breaks.

Ive never had an issue with anything from them.. I give them Quedos (sp)

I don't know guys. A year or so back I ordered Rusty's 3" lift for an MJ. Not too many companies out there admit that MJ's even exist. (Although it seems to be getting better). Granted it was a simple lift (springs and aal's) , but I've never had a problem with it and I do drive offroad. Love the one your with I guess.

I recently ordered a downpipe for my 3000gt from a company called 3SX. The product was well made but their jig must have been off or something. When I called to tell them that the pipe didn't fit their first response was that the mechanic didn't know how to put it on. Then, when I had the mechanic call them, they wanted me to ship it back for inspection...That would have been a 10 day wait round trip assuming they looked at it and shipped one out the same day it arrived. I had to cut a flange off, slide it down 1/2 inch and have a local frame builder tig weld it for me.

I know that's not good service...

XJ-Armor has stiffed me for $200 bucks on a bored out throttle body. I can't get them to return emails, or call me, and I still haven't recieved product.

I know that's not good service...

I called Rusty's and three days later I get a box in the mail with a handwritten note apologizing for the mixup. I also had ordered new bushings for my d30 at the same time. While they are only $9 dollars each they threw them in for free. I freely admit things would probably have been more difficult if they had to ship me a whole new trackbar.

I haven't had any problems with their products and I consider that excellent service.

What I meant by more lift options is when you order the track bar they ask you to specify lift. Depending on the amount of lift you specify they give you the end poly bushing with different lengths of threaded rod on them and different thickness jam nuts. With the wheels sitting approx centered under the truck, diagonally I had about 32" from center to center. With the bushing/jam nut that they originally shipped I couldn't get the bar any shorter than about 33.5 inches or so.

I got the spacer for 6.5 to 8" of lift (if I remember correctly). So...If I go any higher I already have the correct bushing ready to go.

tetsulo

I have always had good luck with Rusty's parts and service. Just wanted to throw my positive comments in... sorta balance it out a bit. :)

Ditto Glenn.. Ive always had better service and luck with Rustys

i run all rustys componets on my xj, and i love what they did for my jeep..., as for the customer service everything was excellent, I was living in sav ga when i ordered my 3 inch lift, recieved it installed it and all was good, ordered the 4.5inch kit after i moved to michigan, somehow it went to the old Ga address instead of here, 1 phone call and we had it figured out and two days later i had my new lift via priority mail...as it turned out my old roomates still got the box o parts in GA....just had em send em back...so far no broken parts and my rig has not sagged after almost six onths and lotsa miles on the wheels, good job and thanx Rusty....
Maier

I got Rusty's Trail Tested x-member and am happy with it.. They must be doing something right to still be in business this long.

I've ordered a few things from rustys, quick service and no problems.

wow shocked at most of what i have read, i think these are the first positive things i have heard about rustys.

DrMoab said:
Quality???
Humm lets talk about their so called Sport bar.
Or how bout their track bar brace? Has anyone looked at this thing????
I dunno...

If you’re talking about the Top Trac-Bar Frame Mount, sure have been wheeling with it for over three years, no problems.

XJ%20front.JPG

xman said:
If you’re talking about the Top Trac-Bar Frame Mount, sure have been wheeling with it for over three years, no problems.
No..not the frame mount. That looks ok. Im talking about the brace he has that goes from that mount to the other side of the frame. Its about 1/2 inch in DIa and has a kink in it that would surly bend as soon as it took any kind of force.

I have ordered several times from Rusty without a hitch. Running his 6.5" coils and STS leaves and love'm

I'm guilty too..... 4.5 Rusty's spring pack and loving it great service great price. I drove the 6 hours to their shop and picked up my lift to save $ on shipping... great guy. PROPS to all at rustys....

Glenn said:
I have always had good luck with Rusty's parts and service. Just wanted to throw my positive comments in... sorta balance it out a bit. :)

Same here too, always been happy with both the service and the purchases.

Tim

Back