• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spare fuse 8

chrisser

NAXJA Forum User
I had put in an autodimming mirror awhile back. Just tapped into the cigarette lighter plug that's powered on run with those little vampire clips.

I really wanted an outside temp display of some sort, and after going down several rabbit holes, I ended up getting another mirror with the temp. Since I need to run wires for the temp sensor (although they're already run under the hood up to C101), I want to do a better job with the power wires.

Could just solder onto the lighter circuit wires, but was looking for a better way.

Noticed there's a spare fuse #8 in the fuse panel. Appears to have two connectors in the socket. If I were to put a fuse in there, is there a way I can pick up the resulting circuit?

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1016531 has some diagrams and pics.

You can add fuses into empty spots, just open up the back of the fuse block and add a wire as necessary, just remember to pick it up off the accessories circuit or you are going to be buying a new battery!

Back