• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

South Dakota / Black Hills trails

COJeepin

NAXJA Forum User
I am an XJ owner in Colorado and will be visiting South Dakota / Black Hills area for some wheeling at the end of July. I am struggling to find trail locations, maps/gps etc. for the set of trails out there. The Black Hills 4-wheelers site lists all the trails, but they are not mapped at all. I have heard that you need to contact them and they will act as a guide through the trails, but really not into that.

The group I am traveling with are all experienced wheelers with rigs of 38-42" tire size (I am the smallest on 38's) so simply looking for some form of GPS or maps of the difficult trails.

Can anyone help?

I know there stuff out there.

When I went out there last, trails were all over the place. I know there is a crazy waterfall as well.

Also maybe ask the JCR guys. I know they took a trip out there a while back and could help with maps.

Try these:
Black Hills National Forest: Buzzworn, Hal John's, T-Back
www.bh4wheelers.com
www.fs.fed.us/r2/blackhillsrecreation/travel_management/ohv.shtml

Oahe Downstream Recreation Area
www.sdgfp.info/parks.Regions/OaheSharpe/OaheDownstream.htm

not sure if those are still good, but originally from a good source

There was a big long tread four or five years ago about Black Hills Wheeling.
We even found an old magazine article with Hinkleberry in it about the Black Hills.
We were going to plan a chapter run out there, but it never happened.
The locals keep pretty tight lipped about their trails.

Back