• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sorry to dissapoint you...

DDCxj

NAXJA Forum User
but I'm here to stay!! I ended up buying a '97 XJ today to replace: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81060. I was looking for trucks but couldn't anything worth buying. Everything I could afford was rotting out or needed way too much work. So I checked out the '97 today and left a deposit and I'll pay the rest and tow it home on Tuesday.

Back w/ grey cloth, 4.0, AW4, 231, 8.25, geared with 4.10s I believe, tranny cooler, no rust, 91k miles. It hasn't been in an accident according to carfax and the current owner but the top of the drivers door is pushed out a little, it still seals but it'll get fixed at one of the body shops I do towing for. And it's gonna need a muffler and tailpipe, and rear brakes which I jsut did to the '91 last month and from what I've read the D35 and 8.25 brakes are interchangeable so that'll be cheap and easy. Other than that, its in great shape.

It's stock right now, but I'll be building it slowly over the next couple of months. I gotta get the front springs and shackles out the old Jeep and then I'll probably throw an AAL and a spacer in to clear the 31s that I just put on the old Jeep until I can afford to lift it right. The bumper will also be coming along after it gets new brackets and all the welds get checked out. I'll save the t-case, rebuild it, and put an SYE on it so that I have one ready.

So I guess you guys gotta keep putting up with me. Sorry for the let down.:viking:

Oh so you did decide to grab that? Good for you. Great you will be sticking around and its great to have another member so close by again.

Plus you got a sexy late model! Lemme know when you get it, i wana take a look at it. I would just get a rustys full pack and a 2" spacer for the front to clear those 31s. You have a real nice machine there, i would do it right. But if BB is on you're mind more power to you.

Grats on the sale.

The front springs on the old XJ gave me 2" so I'd only really need another inch. And for the back, I'll either do the AAL and then grab the shackles off the old Jeep or just do a full pack. But for some reason the Rusty's sit hasn't been working for me so I can't look at prices. My main goal is to get the 31s to clear without lifting it too much since I don't have the money for the SYE yet. So that would limit me to about 3" on the "97+ from what I've read.

I don't mind wheeling a small rig. It just makes me think about the lines more and use a little more skill than the people that just throw on a 6" lift right off the bat.

Either way, it'll get lifted right eventually. Just gotta start off small for now.

4:10's from the factory ? wonder if it has a LSD too....thats saves some big bucks right there, around $800 worth..good find...

The first owner towed a small boat with it and wanted lower gears. I don't know if they actually are 4.10s nor if they were factory installed. All of the work that was done to it was at the dealership so if it didn't come like that it was installed at the dealership. The guy I'm buying it from doesn't have any of the records but he's gonna tell me where the dealership is so I can get all the info from the first owner.

I was curious about the LSD too, I would think so if he went through the trouble of getting it geared and ready to tow.

Back