• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Someone with a 3 to 4" rear lift, please help

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to judge if my leaf pack is need of a rearch/rebuild.

If you have a relatively newer 3 or 4" lift leaf pack on your jeep.

Can you please take a measurement for me, while the jeep is just sitting on its full weight on somewhat level ground.

THANK YOU
leaf.JPG

Different springs have different free arc, for instance, my rustys 3.5" springs lifted my jeep 4.25". If they settle to 3.5" over time they will still be adequate. Rustys site says to measure from center of wheel to bottom of stock flare for reference. 17" is the number for a non-lifted xj. If you know what your current springs are supposed to be, compare your measurement to 17" and this will give you an idea on how much you have lost.

thank you for your posting but it is clear that you don't understand what measurement I'm looking for the measurement you're saying I need will not work for me or most others depending upon what shackles they have perches they have etc...

The measurement I ask for mixed with what spring lift its for on a rig is what I need to determine if my springs have lost much...

I'm running RE 3.5" springs that are only 2 years old now.

I'll try and get a measurement for you later tonight, when the wife gets back with the XJ.

I'm running RE 3.5" springs that are only 2 years old now.

I'll try and get a measurement for you later tonight, when the wife gets back with the XJ.

Wife :huh:

Thanks!
:)

Oh just for comparison to those that view this thread.

My Full Traction 5" springs right now are at about 4.25" in that measurement I ask for above. Since you say you have a 3.5" I am going to guess you measurement will be about 3.5-4". But thats just a guess. Of course this also depends on if you keep a kitchen sink in the cargo area, or if your jeep is pretty much a commuter and empty in the back...

Last edited:
Well, I think your springs might be a little flat, either that or you keep a metric s**t ton of crap in your jeep.

I strung a line from the front spring eye bolt to the rear spring eye bolt and measured down to both the axle tube and the bottom of my pack.

From the bottom of the pack was 5 7/8", from the top of the axle it came to 6 5/8"

I'm running the usual armor; rock rails, hitch, gas tank skid, and rear quarter guards. The only thing in the cargo area is the 33" spare.

Thats good info!

Wish more would post what theirs is.

Is is useful info for many others at times also.

Figured they were very flat!

And full traction says the expected (from every other interaction in customer service I have had and everyone else I know) what do I expect and thats just life. Even thougj it states lifetime warrantt on the kit ad on their website.

Anyone else?

I'll measure tonight, I've got OME CS033RB leafs, which are a claimed heavy duty 3.5" spring, but measure out to between 4 and 4.5 depending on how many kitchen sinks I have in the back :D

I measured mine using the same method as Prosonic above.

Nearly new RE1462 (4.5") leaf pack.
Measurement from centerline of spring eyes to bottom of pack is 5-3/4".

This is standard armor, hybrid cage, hitch, stock gas tank skid and a 32" spare hanging off the back bumper. Hi-lift and a few other small items under the rear seat.

Last edited:
interesting.

since the 4.5's are loaded down some maybe thats why almost the same as a 3.5.

SO I am going to assume so far that the stock measurement asked for above would be 2-2.5".

Meaning if that is true, that the Leaf Spring rated lift height + 2"ish should equal that above asked dimension on any given XJ.

That also would mean that a stock rear leaf is basically flat as you can get if all stock and not sagging. Makes sense.

And that would mean that my 5" leaf pack is now a whopping 2.25". :doh:

Anyone else care to measure for the sake of tech?

Back