• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some Rubicon pics from this weekend...

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
Really busy up there this weekend but after the traffic I was able to find time to relax which is what I desperately needed(and still need) after working so much lately.
Some pics...
Waiting for the traffic to clear at Gatekeeper...
picture.JPG

I was denied on Soupbowl as the hole at the base was really dug out...
picture.JPG

Big money rig...
picture.JPG

This guy made a lot of people look silly when he walked right through the box in his beater YJ with no shocks and a Dana30/35 combo...
picture.JPG

Looking down at Buck...
picture.JPG

Still got a bunch of scenery shots to upload but here's the rest of the pics so far...
http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/f...lbumid={870EE843-1D83-4B3D-89F4-6C6ACCA71CD0}

Jes

I am jealous! I just missed you at Andys, we got all the bent stuff done on my jeep so I am happy, now I just need to finish it all!

Glad to see you were able to make it up there. I look forward to going back up after my schedule clears toward the end of July/beginning of Aug. At least you were able to keep your rig right side up :laugh3:

Oh man, I set that run up! :mad: :rattle:

So sorry I missed it, what did you lose the bead on, slowly leaked out or you scrub something?

POSR=piece of sh!t ride. ;)

Sorry you couldn't make it Dave.
I was down by Buck and turning while going uphill and a rock just peeled the tire right off the rim. That's the first time that's ever happened to me.

Gary, I stopped back by Andy's on the way home and we installed his new engine. How'd the tube come out?

Jes

Nice pics Jes. When did you hit the traffic jam at Gatekeeper, Sat morning? Heah, guys let's try to coordinate our Fordyce & Rubicon runs so that we can go in #'s. I'm going up this weekend, friday night/sat morning in through Loon Lake and out through Tahoma (Tahoe). I was on the Con for the 1st time last last weekend and made it to Buck Island Lake before my group camped out and headed back out at Loon, so I have done some sections both ways like the Middle Sluice/True Big Sluice. The Rubicon is amazingly beautiful and moderately challenging. I wasn't too worried about anything and had a great time. I hope to get some pics up in the near future, I need to get a digital camera of my own so I can post right after my run like many here do.
Troy

Jes said:
I was down by Buck and turning while going uphill and a rock just peeled the tire right off the rim. That's the first time that's ever happened to me.
So when you were swaping that out I bet this is what your help looked like

picture.JPG

Did you reset the thing or run with the spair?

FireManS2.gif
Fire good!

Where's the soupbowl at, around Buck Island Lake? There were some narly little climbs around that area. I had lots of fun with my dual lockers. This is the most prepared I have ever been wheeling with dual lockers, winch, 35" mtrs, etc and it definately made the trip more enjoyable as I was able to do stuff I wouldn't have thought of doing before.
Troy

steinjeep said:
Where's the soupbowl at, around Buck Island Lake? There were some narly little climbs around that area. I had lots of fun with my dual lockers. This is the most prepared I have ever been wheeling with dual lockers, winch, 35" mtrs, etc and it definately made the trip more enjoyable as I was able to do stuff I wouldn't have thought of doing before.
Troy
:yap: Your killing me here, too funny!

Jes said:
This guy made a lot of people look silly when he walked right through the box in his beater YJ with no shocks and a Dana30/35 combo...

Jes

that's pretty interesting... what size tires? locked/geared diffs? he must have D44 outers on the 30 or something, cause he's running crossover....

Nope, not joking. Vac disconnect D30 and a Super 35 kit in the rear, I think those are 35" boggers. The rear had a weird home brew air bag suspention.

Dave, Farid was nice enough to let me use his hilift so I jacked up the front and reseated the bead with my powertank and some beer.

Troy, we were stuck in traffic Friday morning and Soupbowl is about 5 minutes before the box.

Jes

Back