• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some of the worse engineering ever seen

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
These were posted on a Oz site so dont know whose they are but I am glad none of them are RHD's as would not share a parking lot with any of them let alone a road!!!!!!

download.php

download.php

download.php

download.php

download.php

download.php

Nice driveline angles, probly gets high speed vibes at 2 MPH :fuse:

for the record, that particular driveshaft is designed to run at a misalignment of up to 80-degrees....

if yer gonna bag on something, you should have a mechanical understanding of the thing....the cv is operating within its design parameters, meant for light torque loading of course.

even though the pinion angle is kinda nasty, the driveline should move the jeep around, which is the only point. You must understand that thing is for show.

high_angle.jpg

Beezil said:
for the record, that particular driveshaft is designed to run at a misalignment of up to 80-degrees....

You must understand that thing is for show.

high_angle.jpg
Noted, but looking at the angle of it and the stroke in the yoke, gives about 6" of flex.

@ most, this thing has seen a hill or 2 after first build, but then off to the trailer.

If one was going to spend all kinds of $$ on show, why not a "Barbies Dreamhouse" it don't function anywho?

Well, its not my junk :D, I have nothing to worry about :anon:

sure it might be for show only, and the shaft might be within its parameters, but the rest of it is downright scary.

i realize show trucks are about the bling, big lifts, and big tires, but id at least like to see some safe setups..

Beezil said:

if yer gonna bag on something, you should have a mechanical understanding of the thing....the cv is operating within its design parameters, meant for light torque loading of course.

even though the pinion angle is kinda nasty, the driveline should move the jeep around, which is the only point. You must understand that thing is for show.

high_angle.jpg
If you go to the site and read : Shawn provides this information: "He trailered it to the show and had to drive it with only the front drive shaft. As you can see the rear one probably wont do shit." So I figure they tried to drive it and it wouldnt go anywhere. The FORD symbol is actually a structural part of that front contraption. Go to http://128.83.80.200/taco/scarysteering6.html
to see the rest of the scary stuff. Jeff CamoXJ

Beezil said:

high_angle.jpg

I do not care if the driveline is working in spec range. I would not feel comfortable driveing it on or off the trailer that it better of got to the show on!! I would rather see the driveshaft off the vehicle along with the lift blocks in the rear.

Just my opinion
Michael

What show was the Ford/CJ thing seen at? I saw him at the Springfield, MO 4 Wheel Jamboree in May. I couldn't believe some of the crappy engineering I saw at that show, but this one was so bad I couldn't help but laugh. I took a few pictures and he just sat in it like he was actually proud of it.

You can lead a horse to water, but you only suck mud thro the back :D

thats a bunch of redneck shiot

picture.JPG

Back