• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socket racks?

Nice but I need them to lay flat, I don't have room to stand the sockets up like that.

I've got the Mechanic's Time Saver's Lock-A-Socket rails and I've had good luck with them. They are similar/same as the Craftsman one's listed on the first page by a few people.
I can lay the sockets down in the drawer and they don't move around or fall off. A simple 90 degree twist and they come right off, one hand deal. A little pricey when you've got to buy them for all the 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" drive sockets, but worth the cost. I can snap some pictures if you'd like.

I looked at the Ernst ones that fyrfytr1717 posted but they couldn't hold enough sockets on one rail to accommodate my needs.

Link: http://www.summitracing.com/search/...ct-Line/Mechanics-Time-Savers-Lock-A-Sockets/
I paid nowhere near that cost listed, Summit Racing had them for pretty cheap during Christmas time last year. They have both an aluminum and a cheaper plastic version.

Last edited:
I can snap some pictures if you'd like.
Here's some shots of my 3/8" and 1/2" drive drawers. The special socket drawer and 1/4" drive drawer look similar. ;)

3-8SocketDrawer.jpg

1-2SocketDrawer.jpg

I have a set of grey plastic trays from Sears,They are raised about 1/4" and the sockets sit down in them.
1/4,3/8 and 1/2" drive trays
They come in metric and standard sizes,and have extra holes for extensions,adapters,plug sockets ect.

Wayne

i have these is my top drawer for all my junk (1/4, 3/8, 1/2) and LOVE them, ive tried just about everything else and hated something about each of them. having thr size labled on top is wonderful too.

I HATE racks/rails where the socket "clicks" or "locks" into/onto the rack. i like being able to easily remove the socket.

How about these? I used them for a while when my old toolbox had shallow drawers.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00941374000P?prdNo=11&blockNo=11&blockType=G11

Those are what I prefered.

I use the cheap plastic click-on rails from Sears. I like them because they are cheap, I can mix and match squaredrive sizes on one rail to keep types of bits and sockets together, and they are a LOT more durable than I expected. They stick up out of one end of the beat up duffel bag I haul my junkyard tools in, and have been snagging on random stuff since April or so. Not a single one has broken yet. I also sling them under jeeps and toss them into the bed of my MJ with very little care and fully expected them to break with this kind of treatment but they are still in one piece. I still haven't had a socket fall off a strip, either.

EDIT: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00941829000P?prdNo=14&blockNo=14&blockType=G14 is a 3 piece set of em, a rail for 1/4", a rail for 3/8", and a rail for 1/2". I bought them in-store though, easier to find everything since it's all together on the rack.

I use these as well, they're great. Well, as long as I don't get lazy and actually put things back on the rails.

Back