• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest.. Need to know when

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
As with the rest of the people that care to attend this event, I would like to know.

I am most likely going to visit my sister in Japan sometime March/April. So, details about this event are important.

Thanks in advance to all who are apart of the decision making.

Hmm, I guess I need to know too, so I can plan to go, and have something come up at the last minute that precludes it.

David Bricker / SYR

IMG_0373.jpg

It's usually in march or april, hope that helps. :roflmao:

I can narrow it down, it's usually the last weekend of April, or the first weekend in May.

However, I heard rumors about this year, that it WON'T be the last weekend in April, and never will be again.

Last edited:
I can narrow it down, it's usually the last weekend of April, or the first weekend in May.

However, I heard rumors about this year, that it WON'T be the last weekend in April, and never will be again.

First weekend of May works for me. That would be the 6th and 7th. 5th too for those that can go on Friday.

NAXJA SoCal Chapter SoCalFest 2017: May 5th-7th.

We're shooting for Friday, May 5th through Sunday, May 7th. Just for Peter. Friday will be the Adopt-A-Trail workday so tell your boss you need the day off to do environmentally friendly volunteer work. Tell your friends to do the same, if we have enough people to bang out the AAT work quickly we'll have time to wheel Friday, too!

So Mike, now that we've taken away your annual excuse... see you on the mountain!!

I kinda prefer it in April because there are generally fewer people on the mountain. The other side of it is it can be significantly colder in the evening and morning so people tend to complain about that.

For the record teh only time it snowed it snowed on the first weekend of May ;)

Technically it was the last weekend of April last year... it snowed Saturday April 30th...

That is correct Carol.

G, people tend to complain about anything and everything.

As borrowed from DR0NK:

A. A typical run shall consist of the Trail Boss, Those Following the Trail Boss, and the Trail Butt.

[As amended]

A. The Trail Boss shall be responsible for the initial planning of the run, including but not limited to determining the routes to and from the run, places to stop for gas, ice, food, alcohol, ice cream and toilet paper while on the run, getting lost while on the trail, ensuring adequate potty stops and being blamed for unforeseen weather conditions. The Trail Boss shall also be assigned all verbal abuse from those following the Trail Boss, including but not limited to having his (or her) parentage status challenged, his (or her) sexual proclivities questioned, his (or her) fondness for barnyard animals suggested, his (or her) relative intelligence denigrated and his (or her) cognitive abilities questioned. The Trail Boss shall also alert Those Following the Trail Boss and the Trail Butt of incoming or outgoing traffic, divots / ruts / challenging road conditions and cattle guards as necessary. The Trail Boss shall have the exclusive authority at appointing the Trail Butt. Monetary gifts, other gratuities and outright bribery of the Trail Boss for the position of Trail Butt is encouraged.

B. Those Following the Trail Boss shall be responsible for all verbal abuse directed at the Trail Boss and continued whining for the duration of the run. Those Following the Trail Boss shall also ensure that those who have not made it on the run will be talked about.

C. The Trail Butt shall be responsible for alerting the Trail Boss and Those Following the Trail Boss of any mishap along the trail, any mechanical breakdown of Those Following the Trail Boss, unscheduled potty stops made by Those Following the Trail Boss and making choo-choo train noises when necessary.

I have no doubt we can make good use of some of these words of wisdom.

Also it's good to remember that it is customary to bring a nice bottle of whiskey as an offering to your president. Since I'm double-president that means two bottles each.

Weeeeee!

Back