• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Chapter event

T Bent said:
Big Bear is in the back yard. Good thing / bad thing. If we are talking about an annual snow run, do we want it to run two or frost bitten days? I've never been on a run at Calico, so my input would be limited to trying to keep the location as central as feasable.:cool:

What I was trying to say(before someone switched the keys all around) was, I'd like to check out Calico. I think that being more central for those in Bakersfield makes it a good choice. The thought of freezing my toes and parts North is out of the question .

Tim

I don't watch much team sports myself so the superbowl weekend is good for me.

There is an alternate back from Barstow that bypasses the 15, I cant remember the name of the road but from the Vegas side of Barstow the road goes thru Barstow city (I think its part of Route 66 at that point), then thru Lenwood (Not the outlet mall but the town) then past Silver Lakes then to Victorville near where the 18 hits the 15. The road is on the north side of the 15.

rpili2001 said:
There is an alternate back from Barstow that bypasses the 15, I cant remember the name of the road but from the Vegas side of Barstow the road goes thru Barstow city (I think its part of Route 66 at that point), then thru Lenwood (Not the outlet mall but the town) then past Silver Lakes then to Victorville near where the 18 hits the 15. The road is on the north side of the 15.
Oh... I was planning to take my GPS out and just try to run in a straight line...... although that might get me more citations and fines the going through Barstow again LOL :D

rpili2001 said:

Camp Rock Road (Hwy 18 past Slash-X to Lucerne)?

Hwy 58 to Mojave (and Hwy 14 to LA) is a northern alternative.

Maybe a Sunday morning "leaving Calico" run is needed ;) .

Hopefully a date can be decided upon soon so I can start to beg for the days off......traffic won't be an issue coming from the Joshua Tree side, Lucerne & up past Slash X ..... ;~)
See Ya'll !!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Traffic could be a bit of an b!tch but thats just the way it goes. Any weekend heading up that way is going to suck. As for the super bowl....i'm sure someone could bring out their DirecTV system. I have a small generator that can run the whole setup ;) But to be honest, the super bowl is the least of my worries.

We should decided on a date sometime soon so we can get all of the details worked out and everything.

-Scott

Serious wheelin? Let's see.... when was the last time I saw you?:confused: Although that was a night from hell :banghead: :banghead:

I've done a couple of EASY trail runs but nuthin good :(
Had to do a few :repair: :repair: since then.

Back