• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Chapter 10 Year Membership Drive

I have a question. What does being a paid member get you, besides this once in lifetime anniv raffle, a sticker and possible reimbursement for a nights camping?

I understand you get to post in a few other fab areas, but does this get you any perks with vendors? Does this get you any free car washes? Does this get you any free tire rotations? How about any cloud basic storage for pictures, Etc. I know why would we want those. Just thinking outside the box and about things that the normal person would think is cool, as well as Easy to get from vendors and forum sponsors, if pursued.

As a vendor on about 12 or so other forums, I get to see what some offer and how cool some are to deal with. Some even kick back to the vendor. Not that I feel thats a good thing, but just shows how many different styles of leadership and forum direction, some forums take. I also find it rewarding as well as proud to donate extra items to a forum that welcomes vendor participation. Those forums are typically the more family or the larger ones though. Most in the middle I do find, are happy and content to stay as they are and just exist.

So basically I guess I am asking the question in the first line as well as, if theres ever been the desire to offer more 'perks', that are free to the forum, and how thats been addressed?

Also, can a vendor be both a vendor and a paid member? Does the vendor status trump the paid membership for anything that a type paid member gets, or vise a verse?

There are not a whole lot of forum-based perks to membership, this is known. You get the ability to have a custom signature and avatar and access to additional forums (Advanced Fab, Members, Jeep Pictures, Adventure, Den, maybe a few others).

One thing to realize is that we're not an Internet forum, we're a club that hosts an Internet forum. The forum is our secondary purpose, we host that mostly for free, it is paid for by club membership dues as well as forum supporter subscriptions (green names).

As a club member you operate the club. You may vote on leadership and some ideas. You also get to pitch ideas to leadership and bring motions to general vote if you so care (we do that sparingly).

Club membership funds land use. Through our membership numbers we draw sponsors, sponsors give us product that in return gets raffled off generating quite a sum. We use the majority of this money to fund land use organizations. I do not have a list of the various groups we've funded but off the top of my head we've got Tread Lightly!, UFWDA, BRC, FOJV, SBNF Friends, Friends of the Rubicon, Friends of Panamint Valley, Uwaharrie Forest, the Tellico defense fund, and more.

People go looking for perks and I have to be honest to let them know we don't have them. Perks aren't what we sell ourselves with.

Oh yeah - you do get a schnazzy sticker!

You get respect - to some people, that's more important..

PaulWalkerRCFF_article_story_main.jpg

Okay two questions. 1) I just became a member a few months ago. Can I renew now and get an extra 15 months or whatever? 2) does the club prefer 2 year memberships for the influx of cash, or one year for the extra money? I'm flush so let me know.

Oh and I'd really like a sticker this time. I got one last time thanks to a member sending me his extra. I want more for my work and garage!

And I could care less about perks. I support this site since the fees go to land use. I spend upwards of $500 a year and many hours working to keep land open. Good on this site and chapter for their work.

1) I just became a member a few months ago. Can I renew now and get an extra 15 months or whatever?

Yes.

2) does the club prefer 2 year memberships for the influx of cash, or one year for the extra money?

The club is doing pretty well money wise, I don't think it really makes much of a difference at this time.

Oh and I'd really like a sticker this time.

We should be good there, there have been internal changes in the membership role.

Oh and I'd really like a sticker this time. I got one last time thanks to a member sending me his extra. I want more for my work and garage!

I have a couple if you are ever at the 91 and the 710 during the week.

Back