• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so who was the idiot that...

Gary E

NAXJA Member #687
Designed the retarded iterior door handle rod clip/hokey wire conection crap on XJs

After removing and installing the door panels for the millionth time, it has got to be the most retarded setup ever. PIA to hook those rods up and the wire connections are a complete joke. I have the distinct feeling its part of GMs influence on AMC. Or did AMC come up with this brillant design all by itself?

I don't have to mess with it anymore........I swapped out for crank doors. :)

Gary, I've had my door panels off numerous times and I never disconnected the rods or unplugged the wiring. What are you doing?

Great so I have been doing it wrong this whole time :) So you don't remove the door cup/switch/handle assembly you just unscrew and slip it through the hole in the door panel?

Following thread. I have to get in there to replace a outer key cylinder. Dont have the Jeep here to look at it but will need to know (easy way?) to get inside the door w/electric extras.

Thanks,
Ken

Gary E said:
Great so I have been doing it wrong this whole time :) So you don't remove the door cup/switch/handle assembly you just unscrew and slip it through the hole in the door panel?

That's how I do it. Your right, that is a big fluster cluck. ;)

Gary E said:
Great so I have been doing it wrong this whole time

Step away from the insecticide, no one takes it all apart. :confused1

Slip it out the hole, done.

Gary E said:

Yep. I take out the screws, remove the arm rest, pop it away from the door, and slip the handle/switch through the hole. Takes a couple of minutes.

:)

Back