• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so i have pretty much had my fill....

:kissyou:
party1:
:cheers:
Glad you got that out of your system...

Now go piss up a rope!!! :rof:

Huh, guess I missed most of the drama. Welcome back, Gill. People criticise at least in part because they care, if not for you in particular, then for our sport in general and how our actions reflect on it. Bottom line, nobody got hurt or killed, lessons were learned, now we move on.

And it's always better to get to know folks on the trail as opposed to online. You get a much better feel for who they are. Hope to meet you on the trail at some point.

Doug

Im a newbie around here but Im no noob to forums. There will always be people that just get under your skin. Some people think that just because its the internet that they dont have to have respect for other people. Personally I feel sorry for those kind of people. Kharma is a bitch. Just a thought, I havent looked, but isnt there an ignore feature on this forum? Sometime it takes putting someone "out of sight out of mind" to make the problem go away. Ive also found "unsubscribe" a very handy tool when I find myself in a thread that can serve no possible good.

By leaving all you do is let the assholes run rampant and if enough people get pissed and leave the "asshole to contributor ratio" goes up. Thats a bad thing. I say stick around and be even nicer just to spite em. Internet bullies usually go away on their own when you stop responding to them.

Welcome back

I haven't read the whole string but I get the idea - now, listen. I met this guy when he gave me his toolbox for free that he didn't need any more but I did need it. He's an upstanding guy - so upstanding that I could tell from his rig that he wheeled and dealed enough to get enough of a rig to enjoy what little wheeling he could do. It wasn't a poser rig (like mine) and I mucho respected him for that. Not everyone has all the knowledge and all the tools and all the money to be top dog - heard of "all the gear - no idea"?. There are some things that you just don't see on the forums and its not until you meet someone face to face that you see the whole story. I gave up on autocross because of all the wankers who thought they were the schiznit and wouldn't give time of day to any new people on the scene unless it was to chastise them for not moving up in line quick enough - damn - you would think it was Formula One snobbery or something. I thought the wheeling scene would be real people and now I have to fight off the tuner idiots who can't understand my "Jeep thing". I have a tuner car and a Jeep and a bike but it seems like we're all just trying to fit in somewhere friendly.

Anyway - the short of the story is that I met him, I think he's a solid guy and I have his back.

I don’t remember how scolding you for not wearing his seatbelt turned into such a fiasco, but it was a valid point and I know you will wear it every time in the future. I doubt it was from the point being driven home via this forum’s relentless pounding of the issue. About a decade ago I wore my seatbelt for long trips only. Then, just by chance, I put it on before driving across an intersection. My light turned green, I drove forward, and then was t-boned by a minivan that ran their red light. My car was obviously a write-off. The front right tire was underneath the left, and the passenger side door was an inch from my head. I walked away with some bruising and back injuries, but, I walked away. It only takes once to learn your lesson when it is something traumatic and I’m sure you learned his lesson.
The issue was this: “i hope you roll your shit with no seat belts and die!!! my 2 cents. later.”
Most of the people on this site are guys, and as guys, we act like guys. When someone hypothetically uses a black magic marker to write “sissy”, “victim”, or “puss” on their forehead, they are gonna catch crap. We do it to our brothers and best friends, it’s just the way thing are always going to be and not just on this forum. That is what friends do in addition to being “there” when they are needed. Think of it as a bonus. These are the kinds of lessons I was taught in college and the military but they certainly are not lessons unique to me.
Stop taking everything so personal, grow some balls, and enjoy the camaraderie. If I said anything to offend you, I meant it.
I would still do anything I could to offer assistance if you needed it and would wheel with you any day, any time. That is what everything boils down to.:kissyou:

Rich

Ya know, every jeep form out there has both kinds, really cool guys and big dead guys. Like Pirate (which I thinks it the worst) But I would respect the opinion of the people that post here or read here. No matter where ya go your gunna run in to that "that guy". It is what it is.

Back