• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I gota Ask?? Anyone Run Grabber's??

Clean Racing

NAXJA Forum User
Ok since my Toyo's are getting thin, and are great on the highway.. And my size has been on back order for over 90 days..

Is anyone running the Grabber red labels on their jeep's that see street miles?? I am seriously looking at getting a set for my XJ..

My jeep is more of an expedition support rig than a rock crawler.. I do use it from time to time for extracting the occasional rally car lodged between the trees.. Mostly fun in the desert, and mountains..

We ran them in the last race, and they seemed to do well. No chunking at all. That was in the 33x12.50. They tried to get us to run the 33X10.50 and we declined. Paper thin sidewalls scared us. I could push on the tread of the unmounted tire and fold the whole thing in half. The 12.50's had pretty thick sidewalls. Hartman hit a big Rock at the race and bent a Raceline wheel...still holds air and no evidence of pinching.

Overall, I'd say it was a good tire with good traction. Not quite as grabby as the swampers we usually run though. If you're looking at any other sizes, I'd look at them before you buy them to check out the sidewall thing.

I have no idea how noisy they are on the road, though. We've only ran them in the dirt so far.

-Dan

I have a set, still sitting in the shed waiting to go on the MJ. Sorry, not much help. :wierd:

4791831187_ac158dc149_z.jpg

I really like the look of them. I remember petersens or 4 wheeler doing a test on them and they said they were really good for go fast/sand stuff

Scott,
Heads up a few bronco guys have tried them out, and they have two common components they mentioned:
1) They are heavy pigs (one guy used to run Toyo M/T's like you, and said they were heavier
2) Noisy as hell on the street

I would heavily suggest looking at the BFG KM2, I know you put some street miles on your Jeep. I am sure with your support efforts with them, they could find you a deal on them, then go mount them at Americas tire and pay for the road hazard and be done with it.

I happen to love the "look" of the Generals, but I also love the quiet well balanced ride of my All Terrains. They are also lighter, and have better street manners.

i would have to disagree about being noisy. I got a set on my tow rig and they are just as quite as my toyos. Im not sure on the weight thing. But my personal findings are great so far with great street manners. My jeeps tires arent worn down yet but will also be getting them for it too.

Also have to debunk the noice issue. I go to lunch with a guy that is wearing them, and I never noticed any noice. Maybe it's the Bronco's fiberglass roof. I do like BFG's though

I am running them on 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 with no noise after running BFGs A/ts for years.The Grabber is definitely quieter than the BFG Mud Terrains but about same as All Terrain. Concerning the new 10.50 x 15 Grabber. We are assured they are 3 ply construction similar to the 12.50 but less aggressive tread, Chris Wacker ran them Day 1 at last Parker race to a second place finish with no flats. He went back to 12.50 on second day only as the silt got real bad.

My buddy down in california put a set on his wrangler a couple months ago. they were not very loud on the street and drove nice on the street. they did very well on the trails also. guy here in town runs them on his toyota and says they do great for him.

Well I got to hear these things on the trophy trucks going past out pit in baja on the pavement, maybe a bit too loud for my taste.. But really if someone is So Cal has a set on their rig that wouldn't mind taking me for a ride... I am game to hear what they sound like on a jeep..

Well I got to hear these things on the trophy trucks going past out pit in baja on the pavement, maybe a bit too loud for my taste.. But really if someone is So Cal has a set on their rig that wouldn't mind taking me for a ride... I am game to hear what they sound like on a jeep..

The tires on TTs aren't the same tires that you get. Different tread pattern and very different construction.

Back