• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so i got bored this weekend.....

JESSE A

NAXJA Forum User
and i built a rack, all the metal was free(had it in the yard) i have been seeing a few of these lately, and thought it would be very useful for seperating the cooler/hard cases to the soft packs and sleeping bags.

the reason i made it so high was because i sleep in the jeep and i wanted to be able to leave the rack in and just crawl underneath, and i will still be able to leave all the soft packs right where they are. total cost was 11.00 for paint. let me know what you think!

Looks great, I mounted my rack high as well to make sure I could leave it in if I ever need to drop the rear seat and put stuff in without having to remove it.

I just built one on friday before my Big Bear trip and it was awesome having everything separated and being able to fully strap stuff down, it made a huge difference when catching air when everything stays in its place.

I did the same for my Son's Jeep and my Landcruiser, for our trip to the Dusy. Had some old fencing laying out back in the yard, cut it down to fit across the roll bar driver area. A lot cheaper then paying high dollar for a rack.

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

I'm lazy and unskilled so I bought the Olympic one from Quadratec. I need to get around to installing it...

Back