• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so explain to me...

wingnutooa

NAXJA Forum User
why i should recommend anyone get tires from Nashville Tire Recappers....

305282_1989286542570_1555548851_31604837_492581395_n.jpg

Looks like a good easy option for those that are unsure of how to do a rear cut and fold.

yeah, any money i may have saved on tires is long long gone because i'm looking at a new bed, paint job, and wheels (pretty sure weld doesn't make these anymore),

aside from new tires because this is only about half of the load this truck will be hauling, and i'm not going to have these supporting my load.

i have a 3,000lb slide in camper, plus my buggy/trailer.

i'm going tomorrow to talk with them and see what can be done about this,

I've never run retreads and I don't ever plan on it. I've heard too many horror stories. I'm sure that some tires that are retreads may survive but it only takes the one to ruin someone's day (and truck in this case).

Hopefully you can get some help with this.

i can only assume, i wasn't going back out in the freeway to get the tread.

i had just checked the pressures at the gate house at LBL before heading out and everything was fine,

I've never run retreads and I don't ever plan on it. I've heard too many horror stories. I'm sure that some tires that are retreads may survive but it only takes the one to ruin someone's day (and truck in this case).

Hopefully you can get some help with this.

all of the horror stories i had heard were "friend of a friend" type situations,

i even researched for months on the internet and the "good" stories out weighed the "bad" by incredible amounts.

seems everyone that has bought retreads loves them and all of the horror stories are someones buddy or simply someone that they just happened to meet, nobody ever comes out and says, first person, I bought these, I had a blow out,

well here it is, if it shows up on google thats great,

I never had an issue with my treadwrights.....

so all of the insurance crap to fix my truck would take too long, we're moving home in 2 weeks.

the tire guy and myself decided on him buying me another wheel and a NEW set of tires and calling it even.

problem is weld doesn't make the sidewinder wheel anymore.

centerline makes one that looks remarkably similar called Falcon but i really would like to do a side by side comparison, if i cant find a suitable replacement i'm guessing he gets 3 weld wheels and i get a new set of something

anyone know of a centerline dealer in nashville?

and are they cast or forged?

so all of the insurance crap to fix my truck would take too long, we're moving home in 2 weeks.

the tire guy and myself decided on him buying me another wheel and a NEW set of tires and calling it even.

problem is weld doesn't make the sidewinder wheel anymore.

centerline makes one that looks remarkably similar called Falcon but i really would like to do a side by side comparison, if i cant find a suitable replacement i'm guessing he gets 3 weld wheels and i get a new set of something

anyone know of a centerline dealer in nashville?

and are they cast or forged?

Sounds like a cool deal to me. Seems like an honest guy. My insurance company will cut me a check and let me handle it myself. If you could just get a check you could have the truck repaired across the country when you get there.

Back