• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So Cal desert rats

It's likely due to u not wheeling anywhere hard, that limits what u get to see?

Its likely due to the fact that everyone who owns a JK is 50+ years old with every bolt on mod under the sun, claims to wheel hard but in reality only hits the dirt once a year to watch other people wheel while tail gating. Not to mention people with JKs are scared to get a scratch... Just calling a spade a spade here Bert.

Its likely due to the fact that everyone who owns a JK is 50+ years old with every bolt on mod under the sun, claims to wheel hard but in reality only hits the dirt once a year to watch other people wheel while tail gating. Not to mention people with JKs are scared to get a scratch... Just calling a spade a spade here Bert.

Umm really. Just because the older crowd that has been working for years wants something larger inside for the family and to be comfy while doing so, doesnt mean they dont use their jeep JK. I have seen MORE JKs run up sledge, backdoor and even Johnbull then XJ's... You can call them mall crawlers and yuppies, just like they call XJ owners cheap kids that cant afford a real jeep. But in the end jealousy and name calling by either doesnt lessen the fact that a JK or XJ are both just as capable to perform on extreme trails when money is put in to them. But, the jk stock will out perform an XJ stock, Every day of the week.

...but back to the point, most all reviews on the Alloy USA ball joints are negative from people claiming they wheel hard, I'd like to see how they hold up for Jeff.

Umm really. Just because the older crowd that has been working for years wants something larger inside for the family and to be comfy while doing so, doesnt mean they dont use their jeep JK. I have seen MORE JKs run up sledge, backdoor and even Johnbull then XJ's... You can call them mall crawlers and yuppies, just like they call XJ owners cheap kids that cant afford a real jeep. But in the end jealousy and name calling by either doesnt lessen the fact that a JK or XJ are both just as capable to perform on extreme trails when money is put in to them. But, the jk stock will out perform an XJ stock, Every day of the week.

lol

Thanks again xcm for welding the rear uni plates, truss, and helping me prep everything last weekend, going to be doing the disk break swap on the axel tomorrow with Paul. Hopefully have everything done in 2weeks, then we jumpin!

Edit: got a baby on the way, 4months along and it's a boy! :) and I figured who in their right mind would buy a baby TJ when you could have a big boy JK? Probably some one who's cheap trying to save a buck...

Edit: got a baby on the way, 4months along and it's a boy! :) and I figured who in their right mind would buy a baby TJ when you could have a big boy JK? Probably some one who's cheap trying to save a buck...

Congratulations on the baby. My son is 2 now and his Mom finally let him go on a run when we did the Andy's Free Memorial on the Mojave Road.

Congrats Tone...
Kids are like Mio... they change EVERYTHING !!!
Usually for the better !

Curt

Thanks guys I'm excited to get my XJ finished up so I can race jeep speed before things get crazy

Back