• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow Plow ?'s

harwood39

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. I am thinking about getting a plow for the xj for personal use, not as a business plow truck, but just to do a few driveways. I have searched and not found very much. I have a 6 in lift, so is it even doable?? Im also looking for a plow that isnt huge and the mounting hardware wont ruin off road capabilities. What do you guys run for plow setups? Type of plow, airbags or air shocks in front, ect to make it work...

Thanks

I'm pretty sure this thread was done a month or so ago, there was even a picture of a white Limited plowing the White House- may have been another forum though- try google.
I would get something light like a snow bear. Not all the bells and whistles, you have to get out and manually adjust the blade angle I believe also. There is no down pressure for back plowing either. But, they are not bulky and should be fine for light use only- I really stress light use if you love your Jeep though. They can be very bad for a transmission as well.
I bought an 8 HP snow thrower and saved the other cash for better upgrades :)

I used my 2000 for 3 years and did about 8 driveways. My unibody has stiffeners and I had air bags. But I have had to replace tranny pan and oil pan due to throwing salt under the jeep in 4wd. I also had to replace both front wheel bearings at 60,000 miles which I thought was early due to plowing but maybe not.:explosion Otherwise it was awesome. Now using a F250 so I don't kill my XJ.

When I first saw this thread I was gonna flame away. After reading a couple replies. Here we go. If you were to invest in a smaller 6 foot, Poly blade, it wouldn't be any heavier than an aftermarket bumper w/ a winch.
With the right mounts & IF you didn't try pushing hard heavy snow, I think you would be fine. That being said I would agree w/ only personal use or helping out the w/the MIL's driveway. NO commercial use AT ALL.

trust me i wouldnt use it for comercial use, at our new house we have a pretty good sized driveway, takes an hour and a half with a snow blower, and just thought it woud be nice, but i think im just going to save my money and get a full size bronco that has a plow on it.

Good idea, I tossed around the idea of a plow on my XJ- then tossed it out. Too much excess wear and tear, more schit to install when I haven't installed all of my current upgrades yet.

Back