• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snatch block recommendation

nateofmt1

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased a snatch block on the interweb and when it arrived I was not pleased with the slop around the pin, etc. It went back. I had never purchased one previously and wished that I would have asked first.

So now I am looking for recommendations for a good one. Here's what it has to support: The winch is rated at 9000 lbs, runs 21/64 wire rope. The way the cable enters isn't too important as much as reliability does. It may never get used in its life, but if it does I don't want to question its readiness.

Price is important and the balance is cost versus functionality and not cost versus super cool tech nor cost vs aesthetics. And it is likely I will purchase 2 of them, price permitting.

So tell me what you use or recommend. Thanks

I always ran a warn snatch block it was always nice and tight.....a snatch block should always be nice and tight

I've banged my snatch block around until it is sloppy loose, but when I run my cable up in it, it still gets the job done. It's nothing special, more of an unknown unit I picked it up back in college (20 yrs ago roughly) and it was in a lot better shape, but with anything that gets use, it will show wear.

I've banged my snatch block around until it is sloppy loose, but when I run my cable up in it, it still gets the job done. It's nothing special, more of an unknown unit I picked it up back in college (20 yrs ago roughly) and it was in a lot better shape, but with anything that gets use, it will show wear.

Hell you are lucky, I am on my second snatch block in 30 years. The first one was defective and they would not take it back because they said I damaged it. It ended up costing me damn near $250,000.00 to get rid of it.
The snatch block I have now was someone else's before I got it. He said it was defective, I just think he didn't know how to use it properly.
Besides an occasional squeak now and then it serves me just fine.

Hell you are lucky, I am on my second snatch block in 30 years. The first one was defective and they would not take it back because they said I damaged it. It ended up costing me damn near $250,000.00 to get rid of it.
The snatch block I have now was someone else's before I got it. He said it was defective, I just think he didn't know how to use it properly.
Besides an occasional squeak now and then it serves me just fine.

I thought the squeak meant you were doing it right...

Back