• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slight Driveline Carnage - 56K Run Away!

jeepnuts311 said:
i like the look of that kit. nice and simple.

two questions about it tho.
-what do you do for brake lines? i dont think the stock ones will bend like that..
-how does a caliper parking brake work? i might just go for the non-parking brake and save money (mine has never worked)

-Tim

Bend up some new lines. Pretty much the only right way to do it on a disc swap. Caliper mounted ebrake corks the same with a cable. They work, but they don't really work. Personally if I had an automatic, I'd go for the no ebrake option and save the money.

how do you pass inspection with no ebrake?

Looking at the drivers side picture, it looks like the backing plate was not properly centered. The picture of the seal looks like the spacer ring was not sitting centered either. What's with the egged out mounting holes in the backing plate? I can certainly see a problem is the backing plate is shifted and the spacer ring isn't sitting properly on the seal and had one edge riding against the tube end. That could explain the deformation and maybe why one of the e-brake pads got jammed.

I believe those rings are mild steel since they look a bit rusted.

Back